sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
If any fellow Bloody Decker out there would like a Pro Pedestal for their boat send me a message. Putting together a group buy! 10% off! Your body will thank you later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC

Boat is looking good Doug!

I know the Permatrim is one of the superior hydrofoils made, but I could never figure out why they instruct that the bolts face upwards on the install...... it always looks backwards and not thought out to me??

Guess there must be a good reason for it, but this just looks mobetta.

attachment.php

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310

I know the Permatrim is one of the superior hydrofoils made, but I could never figure out why they instruct that the bolts face upwards on the install...... it always looks backwards and not thought out to me??

attachment.php

Yes I think it keeps people from steeping on it! lol

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Hey Doug, It always seems like you pay really close attention to detail, so I may be totally wrong on this, but I noticed one other thing on your install that just caught my eye.

Shouldn't the permatrim plate be resting on top of your engines cavitation plate? I checked install images for permatrim plates, and 30+ images show the plates installed over the top. I did see one image though, showing an install on the bottom (like you did) with a pair of twin 2 stroke engines. I'm sure you probably have it right (or maybe it makes no difference), but just in case, giving you a little heads up ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
Hey Doug, It always seems like you pay really close attention to detail, so I may be totally wrong on this, but I noticed something on your install that just caught my eye.

Shouldn't the permatrim plate be resting on top of your engines cavitation plate? I checked install images for permatrim plates, and 30+ images show the plates installed over the top. I did see one image though, showing an install on the bottom (like you did) with a pair of twin 2 stroke engines. I'm sure you probably have it right, but just in case, giving you a little heads up ;)

***This particular Permatrim is made to fit UNDER the Anti-Ventilation Plate and is best used on single engines that are bracket mounted on boats over 21'. ***DOES NOT FIT V8 MOTOR MODELS***

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
***This particular Permatrim is made to fit UNDER the Anti-Ventilation Plate and is best used on single engines that are bracket mounted on boats over 21'.

It does not fit like yours! It's the only way it will fit the older outboards!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310

attachment.php

You may want to turn those bolts around! Sometimes it snags kelp and plastic bags and then gets caught in your propeller from what I have researched!

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
***This particular Permatrim is made to fit UNDER the Anti-Ventilation Plate and is best used on single engines that are bracket mounted on boats over 21'.

It does not fit like yours! It's the only way it will fit the older outboards!

I think the M9 model would have worked for you.

Ok, Being that your engine is a Transom mount and isn't a Bracketed outboard, I figured you went with the M9 Permatrim plate that is suggested for 2 stroke yami motors from 150-300hp. It looks like you must have went with the Y9 Model, as that seems to be the only model that requires the under mount. So if that's your model, then you definitely got it done right

The Hydrofoil fin on my boat isn't the one I posted a picture of, I just referenced that one. Mine is not a Permatrim, but another manufacturer that came with the boat when I bought it, but I do have my bolts facing downward and have never had any issues. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
I think the M9 model would have worked for you.

Ok, Being that your engine is a Transom mount and isn't a Bracketed outboard, I figured you went with the M9 Permatrim plate that is suggested for 2 stroke yami motors from 150-300hp. It looks like you must have went with the Y9 Model, as that seems to be the only model that requires the under mount. So if that's your model, then you definitely got it done right

The Hydrofoil fin on my boat isn't the one I posted a picture of, I just referenced that one. Mine is not a Permatrim, but another manufacturer that came with the boat when I bought it, but I do have my bolts facing downward and have never had any issues. ;)

That's good! But all it takes is 1 bag to snag the bolts and overheat the engine! Anyway 1 guy said it happened to him! Looks like the bluefin are starting to bite north now ! See you on the water!

Upvote 0

Scott Edwards

Aug 31, 2013
Cypress
Name
Scott
Boat
26 Osprey
Question for you guys. If you have trim tabs do you need the permatrim. I have 21 proline wa with a 225 Honda and Bennett trim tabs and I see holes on the cavitation plate were there use to be a hydrofoil. Should I buy a permatrim ?

Upvote 0