sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
Clean Boat! Now getting it set up for the Season! Yellows still biting!!

parker2310pic.jpg

IMG_4427.PNG

Upvote 0

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
nice

Reactions: sueno
Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
Admin
Apr 24, 2003
San Diego
Name
That Guy
Boat
SeaVee 340Z
Best model they make. Congrats.

Just a tip - I had that same motor grenade on me because of a $50 oil sensor in the on motor oil tank. I don't know if it's common or not, but I beleive you can test it by moving the float in the tank while the engine is running and it should sound a low oil alarm. Might be worth a look.

Otherwise that was one of the better 2 stroke motors I've ran.

Congrats again.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    My buddy Phat Boat has a 2310 and I love it with the belly hoop. Money well spent imo

Upvote 0

sueno

Go Fishing!
    Jun 3, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    Parker 2310
    Ali, did the pump fail on the oil reservoir or did you just forget to add oil in the reservoir and the alarm forgot to warn you?

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
    Admin
    Apr 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    That Guy
    Boat
    SeaVee 340Z
    Ali, did the pump fail on the oil reservoir or did you just forget to add oil in the reservoir and the alarm forgot to warn you?

The float switch sensor failed. It kept telling the engine there was plenty of oil in the on board tank and there wasn't. Kaboom.

I believe to test it you just hold it down while the engine is running. It should alarm and retard the ignition.

Maybe not all that common, but worth a look IMO. Blew up a really nice motor because of a $150 part.

Upvote 0

sueno

Go Fishing!
    Jun 3, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    Parker 2310
    I know in the past they've had some problems with the pump not mixing the oil and your motor blows up! On one of my old boats I disconnected the pump and mixed my oil with the gasoline. My mechanic told me it's not a question of failure but when it will fail. Now I keep the reservoir full every trip and I pray the pump doesn't go out!

Upvote 0

Keitha

Oct 2, 2013
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Name
    KA
    Boat
    Grady White 232 & 18' BW Outrage
    Not to go too far off topic on the oil level sensor: Mine stuck in the low position, so the alarm kept going off (and power was cut) even though we knew we had plenty of oil. What I found is that the shaft that the float ring slides on can become a bit gunked up. It is very easy to pull the assembly out of the tank and clean the shaft. This really should be checked a few times per year just to be safe. The tank is not the main large capacity tank, but the smaller tank mounted on the Port side top of the motor - under the cowling.

Reactions: sueno and Ali
    Upvote 0

NGSD1

Dreamer
    Jun 6, 2012
    Tempe San Diego
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    35 Cabo Express
    I had a 2310 as well and agree that it is a great platform. I miss not having it for solo or short trips anymore. You will have many years of enjoyment with it. Here is to another great season ahead!

Last edited:
    Reactions: MILLBRO and sueno
    Upvote 0