Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Purr-Sea-Stance / Montauk 170
    My buddy Michael and I were fishing on my Montauk 170 yesterday after a couple of trips on his new one. We left SI boat ramp at 5:45am after watching this guy "roll" up the ramp on three wheels. We think someone stole his forth rubber donut and he did not notice it until he was well up our new ramp. You'll see the marks if you look. Qualified captain stuff for sure but could have happened to anyone.
    Next, we got the best half scoop of anchovies I have ever seen in my life and out we jetted on the mirror calm Pacific Lake. The chovies lasted all day with one jailor Mackerel looking after the bunch and keeping them frowning and swimming. Thanks E-Bros, we are lucky to have you!

We were originally headed to the 182 but decided to deviate and head further South into the major temp break that went South till the 425. We stopped at many paddies and listened to the lamenting captains of other boats asking for the water temperature at various pinnacles but really wanting to know what was happening there. We were alone, no wind, slick calm and a feeling of great hope as we steamed from the border further South past the 226 and the 302 picking up balloons along the way. We easily had a full degree of temperature difference as we zigged and zagged our way South. I really wanted Michael to catch at least a Yellow Tail and hopefully a Blue Fin Tuna. The Tuna boils were non existant except for a quick couple of Bonito boils down near the towed Tuna Pens. BFT were nowhere to be seen. We managed two smaller YT, both caught by Michael, and he has not let me forget that. I'm a giver. Michael did manage to successfully rip his yellow bibs (thank God) so we won't have to see more of this enlarged circus clown. He's still shopping for size 34 X-tra Tuff boots if you know anyone.

Many, many balloons out there guys! (23) total for us yesterday so grab them or gaff them and haul them in. We had HBD, Mother's Day and many Graduation mylar varieties along with the lowly latex bouquets. What a shit show! I heard, through a friend of a friend of a friend, a super super really solid rumor that Ali is donating a full days fishing trip with him on his somewhat brand new SeeVee to the one gal or guy that brings in the most photo documented balloons for 2021*. So I'm in it to win it and I'm not even gonna count all my balloons from earlier this year just starting with yesterday, because I'm a giver.

We were stopped and boarded by Coast Guard on the way back in San Diego Harbor. "Registration please", handed off the Wet Willy Document wallet and they loved it so I'm, once again, inspired to make more of them if people want one. $20 each and has (8) HEAVY DUTY plastic zip lock bags to hold a 1/4 folded 8-1/2" x 11" document. Think registration, insurance, fishing licenses etc. The guys on the CG boat were asking if they could take a photo of it and recommend it to people so I said sure, because again, I'm a giver. Act now and I'll make them ten bags deep instead of eight for the same low price. If you want it shipped It'll cost you $5 more and your address for me to ship it to you. Let me know if you're interested in one and I will really make them again this time. LOL.

105 miles all in for us, boat ran flawlessly, minor sun & wind burn and we were back to the dock by 5pm. Good times about to roll this Summer.

*This part may or may not be true so use your own judgment, because I'm a giver and I'm pretty sure Ali is too.

IMG_6568.jpg

IMG_6566.jpg

Last edited:

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    I heard, through a friend of a friend of a friend, a super super really solid rumor that Ali is donating a full days fishing trip with him on his somewhat brand new SeeVee to the one gal or guy that brings in the most photo documented balloons for 2021*. So I'm in it to win it and I'm not even gonna count all my balloons from earlier this year just starting with yesterday, because I'm a giver.
    That should motivate a few people to pick up some trash. Nice job on the ballons. Great effort on trying to find the fish.

Did the guy lose the wheel on the way out or way in?

Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    That should motivate a few people to pick up some trash. Nice job on the ballons. Great effort on trying to find the fish.

Did the guy lose the wheel on the way out or way in?
    He had no F-ing idea that he was missing a wheel. We theorize that it had been stolen and that he did not notice it missing when going to pull out. On passenger's side and rear wheel. Only when the screeching and sparks became evident did he notice and then it was already too late. Happy for my wheel locks!!!

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    GREAT REPORT and READ. You think THAT is a lot of balloons? Wait til all those cruise ships get going again soon up and down our coast. Balloon city again. You should see the floating state of plastic bottles, balloons and other junk floating in mid pacific now! SEE PIC BELOW>
    GOOD JOB grabbing as many balloons as you could. At least a couple yellows for the Barbie. Better days ahead. LOL
    PLASTIC.jpg

Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Wet Willy dry Wallets available now. Just made a few. Now with (10) zip bags instead of (8). Please message me if you’d like one.
    $20 + Shipping or meet up. Keeping Law Enforcers on your side and making your life easier.
    Lemme know. Thanks very much
    Will

2C3DE97C-C2F9-484A-8043-9B6AF19C8A84.jpeg

Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Cool report humans ( most not all ) are so lame so so sad how we just ruin shit we don't deserve this once great planet .

Upvote 0