Calm Seas and foamers, its fun time...
Apr 30, 2012
Ca
Name
Bill
Boat
blackman fishmachine
Hey cowboy!
What is the 4.3L, a v 6? Or v8 ? And is it injected?hp? Loa, xcluding 4x6?lol.
And lastly is it fwc? Hp

Hunt is legendary, I'm sure this one rides easy in the rough.
Thx,
baja.

cowboymcclain

Oct 11, 2009
South of Conception
Name
mike
Boat
Yes
It is 225 HP but I’m guessing that is not at the props, she will cruise at 28 and top out just short of 40 depending on sea conditions of course. The engine does NOT have FWC but not really needed on a trailer. Yes the boat can handle the junk and loves to surf home. I will have her in primer by mid week but can not keep spending money on her. She is 23 overall and on the trailer 26.9’ I NEED AN OFFER

cowboymcclain

Oct 11, 2009
South of Conception
Name
mike
Boat
Yes
ok, need to get it sold $8500 cash guys. Finished the transom today and should have primer on the decks tomorrow. I will include all paint, epoxy etc. at this point it is just cosmetics that needs some attention but that does not effect the way it fishes. I have a bunch of misc stuff that I will throw in as well. The KEEPER boat has been found.

8500 cash men, great deal on a fully loaded boat.

LarsTheViking

Sep 21, 2013
Dana Point/CA/U.S.A.
Name
Lars T.
Boat
1990 Team Scarab 31 by Larry Smith. Twin Yamaha 250 OX66 EFI.
Now, this is a seriously well-built boat for its time. Winner Boats, out of Tennessee of all places, were also building boats for the U.S. Navy & Coast Guard and had a unique all fiberglass grid-patterned re-enforced hull. I really like the design of these 23' models too, (same grid-patterned no wood stringer set-up). The only other one I know of on BD is owned by Chris, signature Ironduck, in the Bay Area. Here's a photo he posted quite a few years back of his 1973 Winner 23 Convertible. He was running a 225 Honda on an Armstrong bracket then.
GLWS!
1034424_eced32dc846f82e6968e32dd63c448b9 1973 Winner 23 Convertible. Owner Chris. Ironduck on BD.jpg

Last edited:

LarsTheViking

Sep 21, 2013
Dana Point/CA/U.S.A.
Name
Lars T.
Boat
1990 Team Scarab 31 by Larry Smith. Twin Yamaha 250 OX66 EFI.
Congrats to the seller, but even more so the buyer. This was a gift. A remarkable boat, well ahead of its time construction- and design-wise. Hope the new owner will be a BD member and keep us updated on the cosmetic stuff and voyage adventures.

Reactions: Black Cat