PENN

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
Aug 7, 2008
Westminster, CA
Name
Brian
Boat
2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
Plan was to head towards the 226 and then continue west towards the 43.

Picked up a handful of decent yellowtail on our first paddy of the day a few miles northwest of 226.

Was happy to get the skunk off boat early.

Kept going west and a few miles later started seeing bluefin coming outta the water... chased little spots of BFT around for a bit but they are super shy and would sink out fast.

ended up getting a couple to boil right off the stern about 40 yards, my dad backhanded a quick cast with his popper and after one quick pop, a 60lb bluefin smashed it.

10 min later I stuck the gaff in it and that was that... our personal best tuna. Stoked!

after that we continued fishing hard looking for more tuna and more paddies but ultimately came up short on adding to our bag.

Still was a massive win in our book which felt good to get first set of pelagics in the boat for the year and bloody up that deck!
View attachment 1277418
View attachment 1277419View attachment 1277420View attachment 1277421
View attachment 1277422
Good job. Nice report and pics.

Just for the purpose of being a smart ass. Is that dock line a tail rope or were you planning on tying up 30 miles out? Stow the lines right away so they don't end up in the prop.

Reactions: repo805
Upvote 0

Cole418

Almost A Member
  • Jul 18, 2019
    Encinitas
    Name
    Cole
    Boat
    2018 Parker 2320 - "Reel Busy"
    Good job. Nice report and pics.

Just for the purpose of being a smart ass. Is that dock line a tail rope or were you planning on tying up 30 miles out? Stow the lines right away so they don't end up in the prop.
    Dock lines but never hanging over the side into the water so no worries about prop but fair point. They never seem to be in our way but I get what you're saying and how it could be a nuisance for some...

Upvote 0

bazzturd

I fish in the ocean, not the internet
    Aug 7, 2008
    Westminster, CA
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    2005 Grady White Seafarer 228 (no name yet)
    Dock lines but never hanging over the side into the water so no worries about prop but fair point. They never seem to be in our way but I get what you're saying and how it could be a nuisance for some...
    Wait until you get a sabiki stuck in it hahaha

Last edited:
    Upvote 0