22.5ft Complete restoration...

Sep 21, 2010
12 miles @ 52 degrees
Name
Dave
Boat
24' Thunderbird
Good job. And here I am working on my boat thinking to myself that this sucks to sand, work with resin, etc. and then see your post and think what the hell am I complaining about. I learned a lot from your post and pictures. Gives people who can't afford to pay someone else to fix the boat the motivation to do it themselves. Keep up the good work and the fishing. Aloha,

*Bucket*

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 26, 2013
Santee
Name
Bucket
Boat
Big Eye/Dozer Biscuit/Red Rocket
Well said Hammer, I followed and learned as well...learned not to complain too, the end result is money saved and you get what you want.

fishgrappler

Jul 4, 2015
Name
Bru
Boat
Skipjack 24 Open
I can’t believe I just now found this thread. Thanks for posting and taking the time to answer questions.

That said, (if you are still taking questions) it looks like you cut the outdrive keyhole AFTER you glassed the outside transom skin. Would it be easier to cut the bare ply and then glass it?

tuna taxi

Jun 11, 2004
Name
Jorge
Boat
20' Skipjack
What an amazing thread. This gives me the inspiration and motivation that I need to add a pilot house to my Skipjack 20.

tamezjos

Got Fish?
Jun 18, 2007
San Diego
Name
Josh
Boat
23 Custom
Hey Guys, just went through this post after several years... sorry for the unanswered questions. Here is a video if anyone cares to see what the boat looked after all was finished.

Reactions: Haly0