21 Wilson

UglyDucklin

May 23, 2021
Ventura
Name
Jessika unterberger
Boat
21 Wilson Pilothouse
New to me ... used 1981 21 Wilson. Anyone have any cool history or knowledge?

Also any advice on whether I should use a tuff rubberized paint or something like linex to paint inside the cuddy?

IMG_8037.jpg
IMG_8055.jpg
IMG_8059.jpeg

Reactions: One_Leg
Jun 25, 2020
Santa Barbara
Name
Alex
Boat
None
Awesome, congrats and welcome from another Wilson owner! Your boat has a great look. Do you have any details on the outboard conversion? Unfortunately there isn't as much info on Wilson history as others but there are lots of knowledgeable folks in the community, many happy to help.

Do you intend to pull the carpet out? That part looks decent to me. Are you trying to just paint the bunk/berth area? This boat interior was sprayed with navy and whisper gray awlgrip. Both with flattening agent. Durable stuff but pricy and requires a great deal of prep. Seadek on the dash and floor area. These photos were taken when it was pretty overcast, it's considerably lighter in sun.
Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 5.49.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 6.28.19 PM.png

Last edited:
UglyDucklin
UglyDucklin
Thanks!
Sorry no info on the outboard conversion.

Yes on pulling carpet out. I am going to try and do some research. Your interior looks pretty solid.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Jun 25, 2020
Santa Barbara
Name
Alex
Boat
None
I think you might just have to pull the carpet and see what you're working with. You have a lot of options; paint, vinyl, new carpet etc. You can probably even get away with home depot paint. The key for any solution is going to be removing all the adhesive and stuff holding the carpet on.

Reactions: UglyDucklin
Upvote 0