Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
Well just east 6 miles.

09-14-2014

Boat has been in the shop the last few weeks getting service and all new fuel lines. Thanks for getting me out the last few weeks Mikey and Nick!

Fished with my buddy Chuck Osidefishin, the plan was to just paddy hoop all day looking for DoDo's. Hit a few kelps 10 miles off the Carlsbad power plant most were empty, eventually found one that was holding Dorado. Pulled 3 nicer grade fish of of that paddy.

Here is Chuck holding the gold..
100_1831.JPG

Ran out to the 209 after looking around and not finding much else.

Found a nice paddy with terns picking at 46 over 06, got a few rat yellows close to the paddy. As we drifted oFf the yellowfin charged the boat. After that it was a bait a fish.

Here is Chuck with a nice one.

100_1833.JPG
100_1837.JPG

We were all alone, tried to call in others but no takers, sure wish we could have passed that one off... Got more than our fill, maybe to many.. lol

100_1835.JPG

Fun day, thanks for coming Chuck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    The one with it's tail stickin out looks kinda small.......

Upvote 0

catchabigone

Fair is fair. Donate Life. Be an organ donor
    Dec 14, 2006
    shelter cove
    Name
    dave
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 2152, Seafoam
    I am sorry and mean no disrespect but where is your ice? Your finished product is completely different if you take the time to really care for your tuna. My first albacore run we really got into them and put fourty on the boat for three of us. No Ice. The difference between my canned tuna now and that mush I brought home that day is incredible.

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
    HB
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Line up
    Simon isn't it nice when you are generous with a report to help. People say shit like " hey that one looks small ???" Wtf!!!! Hey great job nice day!!! Can't people just report and stick to the old. If you don't have nothing nice to say...... THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! Great job. I appreciate reports!!!

Upvote 0

lobzila

May 2, 2007
    Oside
    Name
    e-man
    Boat
    204 Angler
    I was out there two days ago and missed your call. Came home with on little hen. Great job guys.

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
    Feb 24, 2003
    East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
    Name
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    Nice fish bud!

.....if I were a betting man, I would bet that there was plenty of ice that stuffed kill bag......

Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    Nice work. Heard you make the call on the radio. YOu were about 9 miles from us....we were low on bait, so just stayed with the patty we had all to ourselves for a slowww pic of Dodo, SJ, YT and YFT.

Upvote 0

osidefishin

big daddy
    Nov 27, 2006
    oceanside
    Name
    chuck
    Boat
    18' Klamath cc " Second chance "
    Simon thanks for getting me out there,I could not have asked for a better 1st offshore trip of the season(for me).I had a blast.Im guessing the Hammerhead pics didn't show? Thanks again brother always a pleasure fishing with you.

Reactions: Simon Bon Bowery
    Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
    Sep 24, 2006
    Anaheim Hills
    Name
    Joe
    Boat
    Freefrom Boats Club
    Nice work skipper!!!

Perfect timing repairing the skiff during the full moon!!!

The Lizard RULES!!!

Reactions: Simon Bon Bowery
    Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
    Sep 6, 2005
    Escondido
    Name
    Buster Brown
    Boat
    28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
    Simon isn't it nice when you are generous with a report to help. People say shit like " hey that one looks small ???" Wtf!!!! Hey great job nice day!!! Can't people just report and stick to the old. If you don't have nothing nice to say...... THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! Great job. I appreciate reports!!!

Carl and Simon are friends........I guess we are all supposed to toe the line that is acceptable to you?....if it bothers you that much just read the OP and move along.....

Reactions: ZHALVAJE
    Upvote 0