BD STAFF

Fishing Forums, Articles and Reports
Jan 7, 2010
San Diego CA
Name
Advertising
Boat Name
none
The 15th Annual YellowTail Shootout was this past weekend here in San Diego.

253 anglers dealt with some tough conditions offshore as they battled to catch the largest yellowtail, the winning fish being one that came right from our local waters. Despite the unfavorable wind, our anglers managed to bring home some great grade yellowtail in hopes of landing a top spot on the podium.

The winner of the 2022 YTSO goes to the Elle J! This year was unique, the Elle J left with total winnings of $15,660! These anglers found a way to win the $100 Jackpot of $2,080, the $200 Jackpot of $3,040, the $300 Jackpot of $4,320, the Biggest Yellowtail Jackpot of $2,720 AND the First Place Grand Total of $3,500 for an overall bag weight of 86.4 pounds. What a day for the Elle J!

The jackpot fish was a TOAD 46.4 pound yellowtail! This YT outweighed all BFT caught during the tournament!

BD Outdoors would like to thank all of the contributing sponsors for helping us make this happen. We gave away a ton of great prizes to our anglers for fishing in this year's YTSO.

BD Outdoors would also like to thank every angler who fished in this tournament! Our community is built on avid fishermen like you, we cannot wait to see you next year!

Stay tuned for photos, prizes, and more coverage on the 15th Annual YellowTail Shootout!

ElleJ_ytso-winners.png

IMG_1861-preview.JPG

Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
  • Jan 19, 2016
    LB
    Name
    Jed Venture
    Boat Name
    the twisted ducker
    Them boys put a SMACKDOWN!!!