EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat Name
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
I just want accountability. Anyone that has shrimped in any waters in the sound know there is A LOT of shrimp. Hell, a few years ago me and a buddy went out coon shrimping in 75-100' of water and caught spots. In areas we thought none would be in. Their not supposed to be that shallow, which means they are abundant.

Just release your sample tests from one year to the next and explain how those samples are taken, and how the season are based on these samples in plain english.......There is always a cloak of secrecy behind their decisions. Just transparency is all we want............

Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat Name
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
I guess just ask the co managers how the season is going.

Screenshot_20220415-214306.png

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Florida
Name
Good
Boat Name
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Fair. Haaaaaa. When I hear the state or feds mentioning fair, I read it as the common folk are getting Fd. Kinda like the wife saying she’s/it’s fine…

Reactions: Fireball
Upvote 0

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat Name
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
Shrimp Pot $125 (x4)
400' Of leaded line $50 (x4)
Buoys $30 (x4)
Put puller $500
Launch Fee $20
Boat Gas $50

Washington State giving us ONE 4 hour Window per year to catch 80 shrimp ----- Fucking Outrageous.

Upvote 0

Randy G

May 26, 2009
Lacey/WA/USA
Name
Randy
Boat Name
18/alumaweld
Area 13 closed again, not long ago it was open the whole month of May. I've have been shrimping that area for almost 30 years. There are a lot of shrimp in 13 if you know where and when to go. When it was open for a whole month I would test different areas, and a found some really good spots, some got compromised for they would see my floats and watch me. Three years ago one spot in particular got a lot of pressure and its been shut down ever since. The thing about 13 is one day it is lights out shrimping and the next day in the same spot you only get a few. I think it's a tide deal out there, they kind a move around with the tide and I if you drop at the wrong time you won't do well. Just wondering when they test these areas if there dropping at the wrong time.

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat Name
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
Area 13 closed again, not long ago it was open the whole month of May. I've have been shrimping that area for almost 30 years. There are a lot of shrimp in 13 if you know where and when to go. When it was open for a whole month I would test different areas, and a found some really good spots, some got compromised for they would see my floats and watch me. Three years ago one spot in particular got a lot of pressure and its been shut down ever since. The thing about 13 is one day it is lights out shrimping and the next day in the same spot you only get a few. I think it's a tide deal out there, they kind a move around with the tide and I if you drop at the wrong time you won't do well. Just wondering when they test these areas if there dropping at the wrong time.
MA13 is just the shrimp shutdown test bed. They’ve added Elliot bay and the rest will soon fall. Doubt it has much to do with population. My guess is the tribes are pressuring the state.

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Florida
Name
Good
Boat Name
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Tribes wouldn’t do that…

• Haha
Reactions: no excuses