Siv

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat Name
19' SeaSport
Well this a dandy, especially area 10. Goodbye Elliot Bay, a productive easy place to shrimp. Might be the first year in many I sit it out. Will consider Everett on the 9th.

April 13, 2022

Recreational shrimp fisheries for all shrimp including spot shrimp will open in many Marine Areas

Action: Recreational shrimp seasons will open for all shrimp including spot shrimp in Marine Areas 4 east of the Bonilla-Tatoosh line, 5, 6, 7 East, 7 South, 7 West, 8-1, 8-2, 9, 10, 11, and 12 according to the schedule below.

Effective dates by area:

Marine Areas 4 east of the Bonilla-Tatoosh line and 5: Open May 25 each day until further notice for all shrimp species. Daylight hours only.

Marine Area 6 (excluding the Discovery Bay Shrimp District): Open May 25 through 28, June 9 through 11, June 23 through 25, July 7 through 9, and July 21 through 23 for all shrimp species. Daylight hours only.

Discovery Bay Shrimp District: Open May 25 from 9:00 a.m. through 1:00 p.m. for all shrimp species.

Marine Areas 7 South and 7 East: Open May 25 through 28 and June 9 through 11 for all shrimp species. Daylight hours only.

Marine Area 7 West: Open May 25 through 28, June 9 through 11, June 23 through 25, and July 7 through 9 for all shrimp species. Daylight hours only.

Marine Areas 8-1 and 8-2:

Open May 25 and June 9 from 8: 00 a.m. through noon for all shrimp species.

Divers may take shrimp by hand or hand-held device from 7: 00 p.m. until midnight on May 25 and June 9 in Marine Area 8-2.

Marine Area 9: Open May 25 from 8:00 a.m. through noon for all shrimp species.

Marine Area 10 west of a line from West Point to Alki Point: Open May 25 from 8:00 a.m. through noon for all shrimp species.

Marine Area 11: Open May 25 from 8:00 a.m. through noon for all shrimp species.

Marine Area 12: Open May 25, May 28, June 9, and June 23 from 9:00 a.m. through 1:00 p.m. for all shrimp species.

Species affected: All shrimp species which include spot shrimp, coonstripe shrimp, dock shrimp, pink shrimp, and sidestripe shrimp.

Locations: Marine Areas 4 east of the Bonilla-Tatoosh line, 5, 6, 7 East, 7 South, 7 West, 8-1, 8-2, 9, 10, 11, and 12.

Reason for action: To harvest recreational shrimp (primarily spot shrimp) consistent with State/Tribal management agreements.

Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat Name
Otter Craft
It is getting really hard to stay positive let alone justify the expense of a boat with the paltry seasons we are getting. The tide set for area 6/7 opener is not very fishable except the first day. I might have to take up golf.

Upvote 0

Barracuda1

Master of None
Jul 7, 2011
All over this bitch!
Name
Fred
Boat Name
Defiance 220 EX (BARRACUDA II)
It is getting really hard to stay positive let alone justify the expense of a boat with the paltry seasons we are getting. The tide set for area 6/7 opener is not very fishable except the first day. I might have to take up golf.
Unfortunately I'm having very serious discussions at home about this..

Upvote 0

Fireball

Not so New
Jun 23, 2010
Lynnwood, WA. USA
Name
Bud
Boat Name
SOLD
Wow. When we started shrimping in 2006 there was at least 4-7 days from 7 am to 3 pm in 8/1 - 9 now there is a 1 day opener in A9 of 4 hours. WTF I know more people but management sucks. Glad I sold all my gear a couple years back. Miss going after the bugs, but shit not even a days outing.

Good luck to all that go out. I hope you have some awesome bait.

Upvote 0

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat Name
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
At least area7 season doesn’t overlap the king opening 🙉😂
Ufffdah....I'm an idiot, but even I know, if you had shrimp and salmon on the same day, it would relieve pressure on both resources. With MA7 West they typically expand the season after testing, by typically,,, I mean 30% chance.....

This is getting very old, and boat costs and moorage are getting very high....at some point one has to determine their own cost/benefit ratio to owning/maintaining/operating their boat. Maybe this is their end game....make seasons so shitty, they drive everyone off the water, hence giving the tribes more fish/shrimp/crab/etc.

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat Name
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
Ufffdah....I'm an idiot, but even I know, if you had shrimp and salmon on the same day, it would relieve pressure on both resources. With MA7 West they typically expand the season after testing, by typically,,, I mean 30% chance.....

This is getting very old, and boat costs and moorage are getting very high....at some point one has to determine their own cost/benefit ratio to owning/maintaining/operating their boat. Maybe this is their end game....make seasons so shitty, they drive everyone off the water, hence giving the tribes more fish/shrimp/crab/etc.
I believe it is. They don’t want us out there doing free man type shit. They want you living in virtual reality. On your phone buying from Amazon or one of the few other approved vendors, they want you sitting quietly in your self drive electric car, they want your money to be electronic so they can debit your account when you do anything. If you engage in outdoor activities you will leave no trace and have no interaction with nature other than snapping a few selfies, and there will be no cash because it will all be electronic.

Upvote 0

boguePogie

Jun 15, 2021
Seattle WA
Name
Larry
Boat Name
Blue 1
I believe it is. They don’t want us out there doing free man type shit. They want you living in virtual reality. On your phone buying from Amazon or one of the few other approved vendors, they want you sitting quietly in your self drive electric car, they want your money to be electronic so they can debit your account when you do anything. If you engage in outdoor activities you will leave no trace and have no interaction with nature other than snapping a few selfies, and there will be no cash because it will all be electronic.
I was reading this thread and thinking "okay, I guess these are decently reasonable reactions to bum news," which surprised me, and then I read your post and was like woah, that's batshit crazy! This is the BD I know!

• Love
Reactions: Captain Decent
Upvote 0

fishing fanatic

May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat Name
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
As a reminder, we have the ability to apply for our own permits and the only thing stopping that is wdfw/inslee. Who’s pockets are getting fluffed from the fucking co-managers? And yet they (wdfw) “represent” us ….. time to wake up.

Upvote 0

fishing fanatic

May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat Name
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
Ohhh and maybe someone can show me where the boldt decision or anything prior address prawns…. We literally are the door mat.

P
Pipe Dream
Your are correct as far as Boldt not addressing shellfish. However, that was subsequently dealt with by the Rafeedie decision.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

xtshawytscha

May 14, 2011
Forks, WA, USA
Name
Eric
Boat Name
Cabin Fever - C Hawk 245
I truly believe @EJ Swanny is right that they are just going to slowly and methodically push people out by making it too expensive to continue. Like many others we now have to decide if it's worth the $$ to pay for moorage to participate. Shrimping is something I love because it's so easy to take the wives and kids and new people and get everyone involved. It's happening across the board if you look at the big picture. Pretty sad.

Reactions: paveingnomo
Upvote 0

Fish_on!

• Feb 17, 2015
    Oly
    Name
    Ben
    Boat Name
    18' Super Vee

How are they going to talk us into living on mars if we want to go outside and enjoy nature? Just watch Wall E if you want to see where this is all going. Just accept that future generations will only have virtual activities.

Upvote 0