2022 Fins-N-Feathers 12 Day Thanksgiving Classic

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    A few more raffle prizes for our anglers on the upcoming trip. Who doesnt love chasing those wahoo!!!! Double A wahoo trolling lures has alot of colors to choose from AND can also do custom colors!!! Check them out!!

6FA4B8E8-0622-4148-B59C-E210F4A322CB.png

Upvote 0

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    More swag for our anglers showing up today since we are quickly approaching our 12 day trip departure. Big Thank you goes out to Ahcor Offshore clothing company for your generous support of our trips!!! You always take care of our anglers and the captain and crew with quality products.

6743F16D-B7A2-4820-AEA7-B9EA913EA3C0.jpeg

7D7D9D9F-89BF-410F-A968-FF489374984D.jpeg

Upvote 0

back-breaker

Almost A Member
    Sep 30, 2005
    Arcata
    Name
    Jim Simondet
    Boat Name
    22 foot Boston Whaler Outrage
    just picked up some fresh fisherman’s processed hamachi from my pal who got off the AA 8 day. The yellowtail beach bite and the hoo on the ridge were high points of their trip. Looking forward to our chance.

Upvote 0

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    Our trip has now enter the final week before departure. We are 5 days and a wake -up before boarding and departure. Great group of returning anglers for this year, so Im really looking forward to time on the water with some old friends as well as making some new friends!!!! 🎣🎣🎣
    Swag bags are packed as well as the raffle prizes. Next up is packing all my tackle/gear. Then the final stage is packing my clothes!! Its almost time to go fishing!!!

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
    Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat Name
    African Queen
    Thanks Vince! I'll post a report when we're back. Something tells me it's going to be epic!

Upvote 0

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    Tomorrow is boarding day for our 3rd Annual Fins-N-Feathers Thanksgiving Classic aboard the Excel. Looking forward to a great trip with a great group of guys. Some have been friends for 40+ years and others became friends last year. So hoping to make some new friends on this years trip. Wish us luck!!!

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat Name
    Long range fishing
    Tomorrow is boarding day for our 3rd Annual Fins-N-Feathers Thanksgiving Classic aboard the Excel. Looking forward to a great trip with a great group of guys. Some have been friends for 40+ years and others became friends last year. So hoping to make some new friends on this years trip. Wish us luck!!!
    Knock em dead boys. We are heading south to either the rocks or the ridge. We will know tomorrow afternoon breakfast. Enjoying the ride with smooth seas for at least the next 5 days. Beautiful weather out here. See you guys at some point. Good luck

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat Name
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Good luck to all of you on your trips!

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat Name
    African Queen
    Only 1 tunafish on the Potato today... but, oh my, what a fish... Shaun from AK with a 332. Way to go buddy!

1669936205766.png

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat Name
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Two gaffs, that’s a big Wahoo!

Upvote 0

Jun 9, 2018
    Eagle River Alaska
    Name
    Shaun Nelson
    Boat Name
    Wicked Salmon
    Wow is all I can say, set out on a trip to hopefully get a big tuna , years of trips years of dreaming. Planned on Guadeloupe for many years and still need to get lucky to make that trip, press on year after year thinking I’m not giving up I’m going to catch a big tuna “ I’m good with 75-100”. Nothing smaller yellowfin bite , I know bigger ones are there but just not happening in my deck of cards. I press my on and this year longer trip more time on rail trying and hoping , praying 🙏. Well I got my big bucklist tuna, I stayed persistent and what an amazing experience. Lunch time on the spot. Everyone goes to lunch and I was like nope I’m going to stay put and fish, “ I’m not starving by no means , but clocks ticking. I sit on the stern with 5 men being persistent. I look down and see a big silver flash, kind of like a mirage , my minds thinking ? Was that a sea lion ? Nope !
    Was that a Marlin? Nope . I swear it was a deep silver fat flash. I think hmmm was that a tuna ? I move to that side and recast my bait. My brother deckhand with his glasses slouched said “ I think I saw a tuna “ I replied I saw the same thing and I think it is to. I let my line sink and bamn it gets picked up. I’m thinking ohh my god!! Then it goes limp like the bait was dropped!! My mind said wait , wait , then it starts moving off . Ease the drag up slowly and it goes faster and faster I think !! Capt said let it run , I know he’s right and let her run 3/4 from strike line starts ripping and head of rod shaking , “ let her run” all I can think. Deck hand jumps down and said perfect and we increased drag a touch and there was no question It’s a tuna. Then shit got real!! Thank god I had the right gear. Part I screwd up was I didn’t let the gear do the work, I tried to take on the fight and that was a valuable lesson. I needed help. I truly needed help!! Then it was scariest time when line went limp and I’m recalling like hell to catch up to the fish !! Or did I lose it!! My mind went into f it hook hits the tip I lost it but I’m going to reel like hell until then and boom the line tightens and “ for #### sakes it’s still there !!! Omg long story short that was repeated with my brother deckhand and - spiral was huge took up both sides of boat - huge spiral - I hear “color” - I looked and went omg that’s a big damn tuna. Reel , Reel , gaffs out and done . 336.5 lb tuna - I honestly say I am impressed and stunned, - truth it was more amazing that each guy on boat was there supporting and offering help by supporting. Wish I could say I caught that fish alone. No it was caught by my fellow fisherman on the boat and the crew - TEAM - “ no I in team”. And that is what makes a 336. 5 lb tuna special. Was a team catch!!!

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat Name
    African Queen
    You did good, my son. I taught you well. LOL Seriously, though, right gear, right time, right mindset... and Boom! fish of a lifetime.

However, what's up with trying to add 4 lbs. to that catch???? Straight from the Excel website reports:

"The Fins-N-Feathers group has arrived on scene and Shaun Nelson was the first one to score a Super Cow. ☆☆☆332.4#'s☆☆☆ Who's Next?!?!"

Maybe "who's next" is you... with an honest 336! LOL LOL LOL

Upvote 0

Jun 9, 2018
    Eagle River Alaska
    Name
    Shaun Nelson
    Boat Name
    Wicked Salmon
    You did good, my son. I taught you well. LOL Seriously, though, right gear, right time, right mindset... and Boom! fish of a lifetime.

However, what's up with trying to add 4 lbs. to that catch???? Straight from the Excel website reports:

"The Fins-N-Feathers group has arrived on scene and Shaun Nelson was the first one to score a Super Cow. ☆☆☆332.4#'s☆☆☆ Who's Next?!?!"

Maybe "who's next" is you... with an honest 336! LOL LOL LOL
    Well if you look at the scale in the photo says 340 ding dong . And don’t give me shit saying I pulled down, lol. 😂 high five it’s over 300 so it’s a Super!! next 16 day it’s going to be a Super Super 400 plus.

Upvote 0

Jun 9, 2018
    Eagle River Alaska
    Name
    Shaun Nelson
    Boat Name
    Wicked Salmon
    Well if you look at the scale in the photo says 340 ding dong . And don’t give me shit saying I pulled down, lol. 😂 high five it’s over 300 so it’s a Super!! next 16 day it’s going to be a Super Super 400 plus.
    Better yet I’m now going to target a wahoo !! To beat the 92lb one we got this trip - which is amazing in itself That was a monster !!

Upvote 0

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    Congrats Shaun. Yes you got help from the deckhand BUT the fish was landed. In the end, that is truly all that matters. So enjoy that fish of a lifetime and your FinsNFeathers Biggest Fish plaque. Our group this year was outstanding and fished well together. Although our group didnt get many big tuna, we did get in some great wahoo fishing, Quality grouper fishing, big yellowtail and dorado limits, so guys came home with as much fish as they wanted. Great trip thiis year.

Reactions: 336 and Soda Pop
    Upvote 0