2022 Fins-N-Feathers 12 Day Thanksgiving Classic

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    Well my planning for this years 12 trip on the Excel is in full swing. Shirt design has begun and final sizes will be selected very soon. So if you are on this trip and have not sent me your shirt size yet, you better get it done ASAP. Only need 3 guys sizes.
    We were able to add another day this year to make it a 12 day, so we can get some extra time wahoo fishing or stay on the BiG YFT spot. About half the guys are returning from last year so expecting it to be a really fun time again. FYI, we have only 9 open spots for our 2023 trip, so if your looking for a spot to fish with a fun group better get a spot reserved.
    I am able to give away alot of good schwag and quality raffles prizes due to some help I get from great product sponsors. I was able to add some new sponsors for this years trip, so the give away’s and raffle will be great again this year. I was able to add PitBull Tackle, Pelagic, Black Rifle Coffee, and Phantom Baits, to my existing group of sponsor’s like Shimano, Phenix Rods, P-Line, 5-Star Fish processing , Double A lures, Oakley, Ahcor Offshore & Fins-N-Feathers Outdoor Adventures.
    Come on out and join one of our trips if you are interested in fishing or bird hunting. I have only 3 open spots remaining on our another bass trip we added for 2023 to EL Salto.

Last edited:
    Nov 16, 2018
    Lincoln, CA
    Name
    James Stinnett
    Boat Name
    Vagabond
    Well my planning for this years 12 trip on the Excel is in full swing. Shirt design has begun and final sizes will be selected very soon. So if you are on this trip and have not sent me your shirt size yet, you better get it done ASAP. Only need 3 guys sizes.
    We were able to add another day this year to make it a 12 day, so we can get some extra time wahoo fishing or stay on the BiG YFT spot. About half the guys are returning from last year so expecting it to be a really fun time again. FYI, we have only 9 open spots for our 2023 trip, so if your looking for a spot to fish with a fun group better get a spot reserved.
    I am able to give away alot of good schwag and quality raffles prizes due to some help I get from great product sponsors. I was able to add some new sponsors for this years trip, so the give away’s and raffle will be great again this year. I was able to add PitBull Tackle, Pelagic, Black Rifle Coffee, and Phantom Baits, to my existing group of sponsor’s like Shimano, Phenix Rods, P-Line, 5-Star Fish processing , Double A lures, Oakley, Ahcor Offshore & Fins-N-Feathers Outdoor Adventures.
    Come on out and join one of our trips if you are interested in fishing or bird hunting. I have only 3 open spots remaining on our another bass trip we added for 2023 to EL Salto.
    Had the pleasure to join this group last year. A long time friend and I are looking forward to this year's trip and many more to come (already booked for 2023 and 2024). Adding another day will add the cherry on the cake. Last year I was fortunate to win a phenix black diamond hybrid 80-200 in the best raffle I have been part of. This gave me the motivation to purchase an avet 50.. 3 speed to pair with my raffle prize. Should be a good set up for the lower banks CHUNKING etc. TIME WILL TELL!! Anyone interested in a true long range experience on one of the best boats in the fleet with a chartermaster that has true passion for the sport and Pays attention to detail while planning our adventure this is a trip for you. Almost forgot to mention he hires a professional to capture our trip and makes a 45 min video. PRICELESS

Upvote 0

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    Thanks for the kind words James Stinnett. Im learning as I go. 😂 I have hired a new video guy for this year. He was referred to me thru some friends that are industry professionals. He is said to be a young up and comer and he already has some high quality TV show work on his experience list. He has filmed or worked on many types of fishing shows and various types of hunting shows, so he should bring a new perspective to this years video. Sometimes you gotta try new things to get to the next level, so Im taking steps of faith!!!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    Does anyone else start to get excited about their LR trip once they are 60 days from boarding? Its always the same cycle of emotions each year. A little bummed when its over but you still have a buzz of excitement for the first few months after the trip. Then you roll into what seems like a desert around spring time but the local fishing buzz starts to ramp up, which carries you thru the long summer. Then as fall starts, the excitement of LR fishing begins to comes alive again as we start to hear reports from the early trips. Then before you know it, you are in that 60 day count down mode again. Man what a great feeling that is, as it continues to build with each passing day until it your time to board!!!!! Oh yeah.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    Today we are officially 60 days from our launch. It wont be long now and final arrangement of raffle prizes has begun. Then I can begin getting my tackle in order and ready to go. Its always ready to go but there always seems to be a few final things that I want to be added. They are more wants than needs!!! It will be 12 glorious days of fun, fishing and relaxing on the ocean aboard the Big X.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    I was informed by a passenger on this years trip that as of today Friday Sept 30, we are officially only 57 days from departure!! 😂😂😂 ya gotta love that.
    As another note, we now have only 6 spots remaining open for our 2023 trip. So get yourself a spot on the trip if you love LR variety fishing, having fun and want to see yourself in a fishing video. 🤪🎣. Heck most of you are going fishing anyways, so why not with us on the Excel? 😝

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    Ok guys, here is a chance for someone to get on an epic trip. Our 2022 Fins-N-Feathers 12 day trip on the Excel has just had a late cancellation. There is now 1 spot open on this upcoming trip, so if your interested, you should call the Excel office and talk with Jason at 619-223-7493 to get this last spot.

Reactions: Rivers
    Upvote 0

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    Getting patches made for those that are lucky enough to get some nice size fish on our various trips.

11685FE7-D4AC-419C-8ED1-55EC121BF103.png

0F6A160A-61D8-4658-B303-0A9641292E48.jpeg

Upvote 0

FinHunter619

• May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat Name
    2021 Ranger 521L
    With our 12 day trip quickly approaching, its time to get started on swag bag prep and making sure I have all the raffle prizes secured. I think we are just about done getting the raffle prizes for this year. So I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to all of our great sponsorship partners. SHIMANO, P-LINE, OAKLEY, DOUBLE-A Lures, BLACK RIFLE COFFEE, PHANTOM BAITS, PELAGIC, PITBULL TACKLE, AHCOR OFFSHORE, PHENIX RODS and 5-STAR FISH PROCESSING. These sponsors help us provide some great swag and products for the fisherman on this trip, so go check out their products!!
    BARLETT OUTDOORS is our new videographer and will be filming this years video and he promises a short turn around time, so stayed tuned!!
    I would also like to give a big Thank you to the EXCEL office mgr Jason for always doing such a professional job in helping organize this trip. This dude knows how to get it done and makes my job as a CM a lot easier. Thanks!!!
    Below is a picture of this years event shirt that our fisherman get in their swag bag.

Excel shirt 2022.png

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
    Apr 10, 2012
    The 505
    Name
    Nick B
    Boat Name
    African Queen
    I want one that looks like blood spatter on a white background! :D

Upvote 0