2021 Parker 2320 Fuel Economy Huntington Harbor to Catalina in search of Bluefin...again

Parker Boats

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
Here is an upgrade video:

Upvote 0

Kurt436

May 14, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Name
Kurt
Boat
Parker 2320 w/ Yamaha 300, Achilles SGX-132 w/ Yamaha 25
As to the 12-15 mph mpg, We were pulling the kid yesterday on the wake surf board at those speeds, motor and tabs all the way down and consistently saw 1.9 mpg. It's a tough speed for it, pushing a lot of water and wants to go slower or faster. Would maybe be a smidgen better MPG without the pulling drag.

Last edited:
Reactions: THE GRAYS
Upvote 0

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
As to the 12-15 mph mpg, We were pulling the kid yesterday on the wake surf board at those speeds, motor and tabs all the way down and consistently saw 1.9 mpg. It's a tough speed for it, pushing a lot of water and wants to go slower or faster. Would maybe be a smidgen better MPG without the pulling drag.
Our twins want to try tubing or wake boarding. What is the setup like on the Parker 2320 for water sports? We have only done water sports like that on our lake boats.
I agree, the 2320 does not like to go 12-15. Often stuck at that speed in afternoons when it turns to washing machine conditions.

Upvote 0

Kurt436

May 14, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Name
Kurt
Boat
We put a Turbo Swing on the boat for pulling toys. It works better than expected. Had to put little half inch PVC pipe spacers on both sides of the hydraulic steering ram to prevent the motor from touch the swing in the event of a very hard pull to the sides. Very easy to put on and take off the boat.

Upvote 0
K

knot keely

For wakeboarding you’d want a tow point on the cabin top or tower. For tubing a turbo swing or simple harness like the ones from Airhead.

Upvote 0

Kurt436

May 14, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Name
Kurt
Boat
Have a 17 Rev 4 and the 17 SWS. For us, the Rev 4 is better at low speeds, like wakeboarding. It jumps on plane and holds low speeds rock solid, but it doesn't provide the mileage we get with the SWS. Have the SWS on now for fishing and used it yesterday for the wake boarding too. Not as good as the Rev 4 for the application, but plenty good enough. Motor is one hole up from the bottom (would go one higher, but can't because of the Turbo Swing mount).

As to the tow point on top of the cabin, that's what I wanted to do. I asked the folks that made our rocket launcher if they could incorporate a nice tow point into the launcher. The marina called and talked to Parker and Parker told them not to do it. I know people do, but I didn't and went the Turbo Swing route. Like I said earlier, it actually works better than I thought it would. Rope is never in the water. I can't get a nice crisp wake for jumps though with either prop. Tried motor trimmed in/out. Tabs every which way and still nothing clean and crisp.

Upvote 0
K

knot keely

I can't get a nice crisp wake for jumps though with either prop. Tried motor trimmed in/out. Tabs every which way and still nothing clean and crisp.

Wake shape is more a function of Hull form. A Parker just wasn’t designed to throw a nice rampy wake.

Upvote 0