kevina

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Looking through the upcoming 2021 schedules for the long range fleet and what boats and trips were available, I couldn't believe how many spots were available. Only a few boats have some spots open!! It's only February Unbelievable!! I haven't seen the Boats booked up this early in a LONG time!!! Good for them, Bad for the people who didn't book earlier. If your thinking of doing a trip this year, You better get on it.

DannyNoonan

Smarter than I look...
    Apr 17, 2007
    3rd dumpster on the right
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Lund LX200 LFC
    Not atypical for this time of year that the peak season trips are full. It's easy to put your name down for a trip - takes a bit more commitment to actually send in a deposit.

Many operators review their trip rosters right around the FHS (which would be now!) to weed out those that aren't serious. Often you'll find a bunch of trips open up. Helps tremendously to call the office of the boat you're interested in and get on their wait list. Better yet, if they'll accept a transferable deposit, send one in. I've almost always been able to get on the trip after a cancellation...

Reactions: Juanba

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    After the mess last year I was glad to see almost all the trips on the AA were booked solid for this year. I'm sure the other boats are seeing the same thing. They need 2021 to be a strong year after all of the canceled trips last year.

Glad I have my 3 trips all booked and paid for, can't wait for July to get on the boat and see the guys and Lori

FinHunter619

May 18, 2019
    San Diego
    Name
    Marty Parsons
    Boat
    VeXus AVX 1980
    I noticed this yesterday also. Our Fins-N-Feathers Thanksgiving 11 day trip has only 6 open spots. We will be filming the next edition of the Going Long series on long range fishing. Contact the Excel office to reserve your spot or contact me for any other details.

Last edited:

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    After the mess last year I was glad to see almost all the trips on the AA were booked solid for this year. I'm sure the other boats are seeing the same thing. They need 2021 to be a strong year after all of the canceled trips last year.

Glad I have my 3 trips all booked and paid for, can't wait for July to get on the boat and see the guys and Lori
    Yep, I cancelled my three trips last year and just rolled the deposits over to this year. Rocky’s Opener, 8 day, June 5-13. Uesugi Kimura, 7 day August 12-19. Ken’s Custom Reel 10 day, October 27 - November 6. Very much looking forward to getting back on the Angler.

But first, vengeance for no fishing last season. 16 day, April 14!

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    Yep, I cancelled my three trips last year and just rolled the deposits over to this year. Rocky’s Opener, 8 day, June 5-13. Uesugi Kimura, 7 day August 12-19. Ken’s Custom Reel 10 day, October 27 - November 6. Very much looking forward to getting back on the Angler.

But first, vengeance for no fishing last season. 16 day, April 14!

Nice, hope you guys have a great trip to start the year. I’m doing the Salas 5 day and Ken’s 3 day back to back in July then the Izorline/Turners 10 day at the end of Nov. I may jump on a wahoo trip in between but have a couple striper and salmon trips this year for the first time to try something new

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    Nice, hope you guys have a great trip to start the year. I’m doing the Salas 5 day and Ken’s 3 day back to back in July then the Izorline/Turners 10 day at the end of Nov. I may jump on a wahoo trip in between but have a couple striper and salmon trips this year for the first time to try something new
    That’s some fishing! I like it. Have you fished the Salas trip before? If so, I’ll bet you know a buddy from here in Bishop. Father and son, Kiyo calls them Sr. and Jr.

Mean Gene

Old Fat Guy
    Oct 27, 2013
    Ennis, Montana
    Name
    Gene
    Boat
    The Searcher
    Not atypical for this time of year that the peak season trips are full. It's easy to put your name down for a trip - takes a bit more commitment to actually send in a deposit.

I am finally in a position to go on a trip every year. Have been on the Searcher on the ultra limited load trips before, so I booked my spot on the 8 day trip this coming October and that will stand from here until I physically can't do it, they quit running the trip, or it's toe tag time. I sent money up front and now my card gets charged a set amount each month in perpetuity. I'm just treating that trip as a monthly bill and they are good with it. Just one more reason I love going with them. Same boat, same trip, same room from now on, and you just can't beat 14 anglers on a 95 ft boat. :-)

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
    Oct 1, 2009
    Green Valley, Az
    Name
    Lou Salatich
    Boat
    none

We all have a lot of burning desire to get back on the water after last year. I am pretty sure most if no all fishermen will get a Covid vaccination before their trips.
    I have a 8 day Shogan trip in September, 10 day Intrepid trip on October, and a 15 day Intrepid in January 2022. Plus 2 weeks in Cabo in August this year.
    I am getting old and can't waste anymore time not fishing. You never know when your last trip will be.

Last edited:

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    I was just checking schedules and was surprised to see so many openings on a couple Rice Bowl Charters: 3 day in July, 4 day in August.

Reactions: westcoasttuna