popa_pescarul

Throw a towel over it!
Jan 17, 2006
San Diego
Name
Randall
Boat
2120 Parker, "Barely Legal"
Mission Bay to 226 and started finding paddies. They are scattered and small. The ones running about 8' x 10' with thicker matting seemed to be the ones holding. Picked up the first fish on a paddy close to 226. The next 3 came up on a paddy further west. All on flylined sardine.

Headed back north and east to the 43. The paddies and any fish-life signs got less and less. The 43 and back towards the 182, 9mile and home was all barren. The area between 226, 371 and butterfly seem to be the best bet right now.

Was trolling cedar plugs and tuna jigs almost the entire run hoping to get lucky on a BFT blind jig strike but no love there. Water temps were as high as 63.5 at the southwest most part of my run, down to 62.5 near the 43.

20210507_154612.jpg

20210507_095521.jpg

20210507_114254.jpg

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Great report and pics...and your own buddy "dog dragger"! LOL Glad you scored some Yellowtail!!

I was on a LR boat at Benitos, we woke up to 1000's of those little yellow birds on the entire lower/upper deck, stairwells, bait tank pecking away on a gazillion fish scales on rods in racks. Etc. Epic. Some stayed on and even hopped on rods while winding on yellowtail.

Upvote 0

popa_pescarul

Throw a towel over it!
    Jan 17, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Randall
    Boat
    2120 Parker, "Barely Legal"
    Yeah, the bird made itself totally at home on the boat and rode with me for a few hours.

The dog did really well for a long trip. Just kept snacks and lots of fresh water on board for him. The water was flat all day so he even managed to lie down and chill out while we cruised around at trolling speed.

He's also finally learning that attacking the raw water washdown and drinking saltwater when I turn on the hose isn't the best idea. Couple months ago, I took him to run around the beach at Fiesta Island and he kept drinking the saltwater. Later that day, we're having a burger at Mr Peabody's and he puked on their patio. I think he made the connection and left the raw water alone after one taste.

20210507_095509.jpg

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 22, 2004
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    jeff meeker
    Boat
    26 Blackman Billfisher
    Yeah, the bird made itself totally at home on the boat and rode with me for a few hours.

The dog did really well for a long trip. Just kept snacks and lots of fresh water on board for him. The water was flat all day so he even managed to lie down and chill out while we cruised around at trolling speed.

He's also finally learning that attacking the raw water washdown and drinking saltwater when I turn on the hose isn't the best idea. Couple months ago, I took him to run around the beach at Fiesta Island and he kept drinking the saltwater. Later that day, we're having a burger at Mr Peabody's and he puked on their patio. I think he made the connection and left the raw water alone after one taste.

View attachment 1278053
    Sometimes your dog can be smarter with saltwater than your buddies are with Tequila

Upvote 0