Fincutter

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 3, 2016
Bartlett, IL
Name
Greg
Boat
Independence
Does anyone have info on seminars? Less than a month to go and I still don't see it on the website.

ZZZZZ

natural born jig slingers
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica. SD, Old Del Mar
Name
Boat
Jet Ski Yamaha FX Show. ZZZZZ
Look for promos for terminal tackle that you will always need that you already have. But will eventually need more of before the next show. Stock up on buy one get one free, ect. For gear you actually use allot

Have scored owner pro packs buy one get one free. Have scored big spools of berkley trilene for buy one get one free

Have not been to a Fred Hall show in many years though. Used to bring my own trout rod to the pool and walk the train tracks there to the DM show. Nick the line and break the fish off. So I could hook another one. Then run to the bass tank and toss the trout in

No parent supervision

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
Price of admission and parking and there goes any discount savings 🤔
True enough! However, it is a great social event as well. The one time each year I see people I otherwise would never see face-to-face. People off the forums on BD’s, folks I have fished with previously. Plenty of information to be hadif you care to take it in.

If the only reason you are going is to look for deals and do some shopping, just stay home and surf the web or post up on BD’s. I will be there Wednesday through Friday, and quite possibly Saturday. You will find me in the Fish Taco Chronicles booth. We try to keep the show directory handy, so if you are looking for a particular vendor/booth, stop by and we can direct you.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Chris gets it. I see him there once a year, but he lives only 25 miles up the road from me. Same with Jared from Parcher’s.

I took inventory before the show to determine I didn’t need to buy anything. I went anyway.:) If you’re mobile, run down to Charkbait in Huntington Beach and take advantage of his discount pricing during the show. Then go to the show and spend what you saved. Spend it on a beer! See you there, think I’ll do the 2 hour Captains Summit, looks like fun.

broton

Dec 23, 2004
San Clemente
Name
KC
Boat
23 Cobra Performance
If you spend enough, the discounts will still offset the cost to get in! But I agree, it is one of the few times a year where I run into people I met along the way. I always enjoy the show and spend way more than I needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZZZZZ

conchydong

Untitled
Jun 5, 2008
Pompano Beach FL
Name
Scott
Boat
Rock Bottom
Some day I would love to attend a Fred Hall show. In South Florida we have boat shows that have some tackle and electronics but I would prefer a show that focused on fishing and hunting that had boats as the side event.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
Headed south on Thursday, Captains Summit and into the show. I’m shopping the show, but have a feeling I’m going to end up on Friday morning at Charkbait in Huntington Beach. Mark quit the hassle and expense of the show and just offers a 15% off deal during the show. Have a look...check it out.

Joey805

Administrator
Admin
Dec 12, 2003
Ventura County
Name
Joey
Boat
Too many of them
Headed south on Thursday, Captains Summit and into the show. I’m shopping the show, but have a feeling I’m going to end up on Friday morning at Charkbait in Huntington Beach. Mark quit the hassle and expense of the show and just offers a 15% off deal during the show. Have a look...check it out.
It looks like he's doing better than 15% off this year. Just saw this on their website.

1583133833652.png

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
We’ll see what’s available. Looks like a new DTX 220 and a handful of YoYo iron will earn me a $20 gift card...

I’ve been buying from Mark since he began the business, still teaching school and working out of his garage. :)

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Darn... got a cold. With that Corona Virus threat gotta stay home. I found the best deals over at Charkbait store but go to the show to walk around and talk. Wondered if the crowds are down due to the virus?

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
Hell of a price on those Makaira SEAs!

Hntnhrd

Jul 5, 2016
Corvallis Montana
Name
Tony
Boat
Sold
Those are great prices on the maks. Once again glad it’s a 17 hour drive to get there from home!!!! Keep telling myself I don’t need another!!!!