2019 INDEPENDENCE 10 DAY SHOOTOUT – ALL ABOUT TIMING, AVAILABILITY, AND FISHING WITH FRIENDS

Dexter Outdoors

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
No doubt there are some uber fishy small boats...just like the big boats in crappy weather...don't enjoy the beating!
Crappy weather = beating on any boat. I don't like the tangle in the corner or not knowing everyone's name after a week.
Did you take a beating on one of the 90 foot long-range boats?

Upvote 0

vegasandre

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
Thank you for the great report John. My Condolences to you and your family for your recent losses. Next year is your year for sure.

Reactions: NaplesJohn
Upvote 0

odnealtim

Almost A Member
Jun 21, 2008
pahrump nv
Name
tim
Boat
22 advantage
Hello John really enjoy reading your reports,I wish more would do the same,I can understand why so many dont .....seems like somebody or everybody gets their balls busted for something which is really too bad,,,,,I'm hoping to be able to put a report as well as you have,,,now remind u it won't be for approx...a jear from now but needless to say I will do my best with pics involved as you do,,, totally stoked.for this trip as I have never been on one at this caliber.....tight lines and good hearing and actually feeling like I was there with you bro

Upvote 0

NaplesJohn

Never Forget 343
Jun 9, 2010
Port Aransas, TX, USA
Name
John
Boat
Wilderness Systems T-160...and just sold the boat!!!
Crappy weather = beating on any boat. I don't like the tangle in the corner or not knowing everyone's name after a week.
Did you take a beating on one of the 90 foot long-range boats?
Been side by side with most of them at one time or another. Personally I like big boats, not concerned with typical loads...given the choice I will be ahead of the tank or in the bow jig stick or popper rod in hand. We all find what work for us, for you ultra-limited loads, for me a big boat, and can't justify the extra 1-2K for the privilege of the light load...just me.

Reactions: Tim Turis
Upvote 0

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
Been side by side with most of them at one time or another. Personally I like big boats, not concerned with typical loads...given the choice I will be ahead of the tank or in the bow jig stick or popper rod in hand. We all find what work for us, for you ultra-limited loads, for me a big boat, and can't justify the extra 1-2K for the privilege of the light load...just me.
It’s all good. Just keep fishing. A healthy long range fleet is in everyone’s best interest

Upvote 0