2019 Ilwaco Tuna Club kickoff party and tuna seminars. Saturday 6/22.

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by Colbachlaw, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Colbachlaw

Colbachlaw Shake N Bake

Name:
    Mike C
    Boat:
    Henriques 42' Express
    It is time to announce the 2019 ITC kickoff party and tuna seminars.

It starts at 1:00 PM at the Ilwaco Tuna Club: http://ilwacotunaclub.com/

There will be lots of great information, food, and beer.

Fish Hunt Northwest will be onsite doing a live broadcast and Bob's Sporting Goods will be there with some great deals on tuna gear.

There will be discounts on products from Accurate, Costa, Yeti, Bubba Blade and more.

There will be seminars by the Coast Guard, Bar Pilots, Englunds Raft shop will be blowing up a raft, NANOOS, Garmin Panoptix, and some of the guys and gals from the Netflix series Battlefish.

There will be 47' CG Motor Lifeboat tours and a number of ITC members will have their boats (Opportunatuy, Shake N Bake, etc..) open if you want to hop aboard and take a look.

If you want to learn from some of the best in the NW and have a great time, don't miss the ITC kickoff party.

See you there.

Mike C

ITC kickoff party 2019.jpg

2. liltrouble

liltrouble Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Shari
    Boat:
    Mr. Buttercup
    Best fishing shindig ever!

3. carrie's bait boy

carrie's bait boy 2 hulls are better than 1

Name:
    norm
    Boat:
    32x12 ACI Cat
    I guess we will have to up our game then:)

4. wdlfbio

wdlfbio Once you go Cat, you never go back

Name:
    laurence
    Boat:
    Vacancy
    For sure in Ilwaco, but the best is in Westport. :finger:

Captain Decent and liltrouble like this.
  5. Reel Therapy DG

Reel Therapy DG Newbie

Name:
    Dustin Greene
    Boat:
    25' Grady White
    Wouldn’t miss it! lots of great raffle items and a live auction too. If you haven’t been to a tuna club kickoff party your missing out. Those boys put on put on a great event.

6. Colbachlaw

Colbachlaw Shake N Bake

Name:
    Mike C
    Boat:
    Henriques 42' Express
    Can you tell me how to get to the Westport Tuna Club?

As far as I know, we are the only waterfront tuna club with lodging, walk in freezers, and a beer sponsor anywhere in the NW.

The way the water is shaping up, there might be tuna here by the kickoff party.

See you there.

Mike C

7. wdlfbio

Name:
    laurence
    Boat:
    Vacancy
    There is nothing like your ITC in Westport. Quite a sweet set up y’all have for your port and users. I’d be all over it if I fished down there.

Shari was commenting about your event being the “best shindig ever”. I had to correct her. Not that yours isn’t awesome, but Carrie and her Bait Boy have been hosting the best fishing shindig the Thursday before the WTC for several years now. Their hospitality and sense of community is top notch. It’s grown and loads of folks bring dishes to share and help with the prep and cooking. Lies are told, faces are put with names, new friends are made, and people are joyous.

Just across the street from Float 12. Can’t miss Float 12. It’ll have the sweet new 32’ Lumacat in front ;).

8. Reel Therapy DG

Reel Therapy DG Newbie

Name:
    Dustin Greene
    Boat:
    25' Grady White

Your comparing a pot luck get together with the Tuna clubs kickoff event? Not in the same ballpark! This is more like the saltwater sportsman show than a pot luck, only this event has free food and beer!!

liltrouble likes this.
  9. Colbachlaw

Colbachlaw Shake N Bake

Name:
    Mike C
    Boat:
    Henriques 42' Express
    Dustin has it right.

For whatever reason, a lot of fishing/boating businesses sign on as sponsors and show up with some great deals.

It is not Fred Hall, YET, but it is the #1 NW tuna party/seminar/BBQ/boat tour in the NW and getting better every year.

We even allow WP people to come, as Mark Coleman is one of our sponsors.

See you there.

Mike C

10. liltrouble

Name:
    Shari
    Boat:
    Mr. Buttercup
    It isn't just a party-- there are seminars that make you a better, safer tuna fisher. I learned so much on migratory patterns last year that i kept looking at the slides that were presented. Awesome raffles, vendors.

Norm and Carrie THROW a PARTY.

ITC is a tuna-centric conference that packs the seminars, trade show and Saturday night dinner/bar into a six hour event!

11. rickstah

rickstah Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    19' Maxum for the Sound / Ocean boat-ho
    Too bad it's on a shrimping day or else I might try to figure out WTF Ilwaco is.

12. sharkster

sharkster Member

Name:
    Robert Anderson
    Boat:
    17 Arima Sharkster
    I'mean thinking about going down to check things out see some new tuna gear to tell Goatram he needs some on his boat. Also see if I can get some tips on cooking french fries for doing better at Norm's preWTC get together.

liltrouble likes this.
  13. Cohoho

Cohoho I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Cohoho
    Boat:
    COHOHO - 23 ft Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - SOLD
    Glad their not on the same night! Normie is the best of all the best, and number @#1 in my books of event I attend. But I wish I could make this event as it sounds pretty darn informative for sure.. Unfortunately I'll be fishing for the last Halibut opener in LaPush...

TonyG likes this.
  14. Mark Mead

Mark Mead Newbie

Name:
    DaPooh
    Boat:
    Hewescraft
    I'm interested but way clueless? Is there a register for the kickoff party and presentations and how much to be a member and or attend the event. Let me know soon as my plans tend to change quickly. Thanks

15. wdlfbio

Name:
    laurence
    Boat:
    Vacancy
    Membership is not required. Doesnt look like any kind of entrance fee.

16. liltrouble

Name:
    Shari
    Boat:
    Mr. Buttercup
    no entrance fee. the event is sponsored. great dinner. there are seminars and vendors. the club sells swag. there are a lot of awesome raffle items and auction items all the way from aux tanks to fishing trips with some of the best in ilwaco. englunds is doing life raft demos. coast guard does bar crossing seminar. The club house has a processing room and freezers, rooms for rent, bar, store (trefin jackpoles, rods, reels, lures). The dock used by club members is right in front of the clubhouse.

Great people, great place, great event.

17. carrie's bait boy

carrie's bait boy 2 hulls are better than 1

Name:
    norm
    Boat:
    32x12 ACI Cat
    Well, judging by the upsell on this tuna club kickoff party, me and Carrie must be doing it all wrong. I guess providing multiple pigs, chickens, shrimp, liquor, hosted in our private residence at the docks in Westport all for free and paid for by the host family for the last 4 years just puts us in the bake sale category. I think we should just hold off on doing our party this year, try to come down to Illwaco tuna club this weekend and see how the big kids play, then come back another year and do a bigger and better event in Westport.
    All this said with my tongue placed firmly in my cheek. It is comparing apples to oranges. The Smith house party is not affiliated with any organization. Never will be. We don’t allow vendors, we don’t ask for donations of gear or money, no raffles, no community freezers, no beer sponsor.
    I think Westport needs some sort of community fishing clubhouse. But it’s not at our house. Here is what our party is about. It’s open to all who want to stop by. We look at our party as a chance for pros (not me) to share knowledge with non pros (me) and others like me. Meet other like minded people, laugh, tell lies, eat great food, share info and tips.
    I’ve heard great things about ITC. Honestly if my health is better by the weekend we would love to come down and meet some southern rockstars and regular joes. Btw, we hope to see more of the southern group up in Westport this year. Come to the party, introduce yourself to myself and Carrie. In case you aren’t sure which is me and which is Carrie... I’m the one that doesn’t look good in a tight T-shirt.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone this year. I’m holding out that we are going to be talking trash on the water soon. Old boat name was Tactical Strike 26’ Duckworth. New ride is a 32x12 ACI catamaran named Slap Shot

The Peddler and Gooch Larue like this.
  18. Reel Therapy DG

Reel Therapy DG Newbie

Name:
    Dustin Greene
    Boat:
    25' Grady White
    Carrie ‘s Bait Boy, I hope your feeling better by the weekend, would love to meet you and some of the others from up north. ITC will have a boat in the WTC this summer, hopefully a few. Sounds like we will need to head up early so we can attend the party.

ITC Membership is $400, $600 for a family. Only a handful of spots open. We limit memberships to 75. As stated above. the club house has 3 rooms for rent ($55 for members) we get discounts on ice, processing of fish, discounts at Bobs Sporting goods, Potter Webster, The Salt and a handful of other local places. There is always cold beer on tap and a no host bar. We host the kickoff event, and an after party during the Ilwaco leg of the OTC that are open to the public. The rest of our events are members only. The best benefit of all is the shared intel and cooperation of members out on the hunt.

It is a great group of guys. Even if you can’t make the event just swing by the club house sometime and stop in. We will buy u a beer and show you around. Hope to meet some of you northern dogs this weekend. Introduce yourself if you stop in.

Dustin Greene - boats Reel Therapy 26’ Grady

wdlfbio and liltrouble like this.
  19. liltrouble

Name:
    Shari
    Boat:
    Mr. Buttercup
    Poor Norm. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Kick off is soooooooo different than the Smith Extravaganza! Kick off is for the love of tuna, and the Extravaganza is for the love is people. Don't change a thing!

carrie's bait boy likes this.
  20. Quiet Riot

Quiet Riot Newbie

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    Striper
    Good points all. Just like Dustin said, the ITC kickoff is a very informative event that helps newbs to seasoned salts with info and gear. And turns into a pretty fun party where you hope you remember some of the stuff you learned about the port and tuna fishing by the next day

carrie's bait boy likes this.