100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
www.ebay.com
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
So who's ready for the opener this year? I am always ready to hunt. drew a new to me Blind so will give it hell. Need to clear some freezer space for a limit of ducks since I have gotten two deer in CA, a moose in AK and marlin in HI in the three freezers this year.

Get your decoys untangled from last season? Yes, how much fun that was.

Stock up on ammo? Always have more stock than I need for the next three lifetimes.

Scout your special hunting spot? A few times already

Fix up and prepare your blind before the opener? Of course I did.

Clean and test fire your shotgun? Check

Practice at the range prior to opener? Check

Most importantly did you get your kitchen pass ready from the wife? Check

Good luck out there everyone and be safe.

CartridgeCalls

Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
www.ebay.com
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Good luck CC
Don't do the Ducks anymore. But will be heading up North to get some Specks in dry field hunting.
Good luck to you as well.

eric harner

Caliente Tuna
Oct 7, 2009
Phoenix Hellazona
Name
Azlandlocked
Boat
RRII, PV, the Big X
Yup scouted last weekend fantastic conditions , working on the blind , shells check , boat shake down check ....now add ducks. With the early cold front that hit the N/W we are hoping that it will drive some quackers down !! Good luck this season fellas ..

CartridgeCalls

Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
www.ebay.com
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
had two new guys setting up in my blind over the weekend. Had to give them the bad news that all the work they did was for nothing and to go to their assigned blind.

BluefinCurly

Skipper
Aug 15, 2004
Norwalk
Name
Carl
Boat
Vagabond, The Last Minute
It's always and adventure when you manage a property.
Like the Forest Gump saying.

The damn steam plant adjacent to us sucked all the water off for a week, and I lost about 30% to evap.
Now its Katie Bar the doors to recoup the loss and finish what I needed.

And just when it was looking like a stress free opener....

For fellow IV hunters, 111 is still closed, but eta to completion is about 3 days away. Ill be happy to cut out the extra drive time.

Reactions: CartridgeCalls

ahidog

10000 atta boys
Sep 15, 2004
San Diego
Name
Tom
Boat
105', Camcraft, 85', Ditmar, 65' Noreck
It's always and adventure when you manage a property.
Like the Forest Gump saying.

The damn steam plant adjacent to us sucked all the water off for a week, and I lost about 30% to evap.
Now its Katie Bar the doors to recoup the loss and finish what I needed.

And just when it was looking like a stress free opener....

For fellow IV hunters, 111 is still closed, but eta to completion is about 3 days away. Ill be happy to cut out the extra drive time.
No shit... I’ll be happy either way Carl

CartridgeCalls

Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
www.ebay.com
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Dropped of the kayaks and the decoys this morning and did some scouting. Looks like a promising season. Lots of Bufflehaeds and teal in the area. I also shoot coots and theres plenty of them around. they arent that bad to eat but they are easy to clean just not much meat.

windmillwilly

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 15, 2006
wildomar ca.
Name
bill
Boat
nada
Got the enail today got a draw for san jancinto on the 23rd,and going to the draw for barrett lake on Sat looking to get lucky for opening day if not I'm going run and gun on the canals in the valley. Good luck to everybody!lies and excuses to follow

CartridgeCalls

Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
www.ebay.com
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Less than 24 hours to go. Here ducky ducky. Hope the wind stays down. Last night was insane up in the high desert.

windmillwilly

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 15, 2006
wildomar ca.
Name
bill
Boat
nada
Nice job! We didn't do so good at barret,shot a couple coots just to keep the stink of failure off (and if I'm gonna eat a coot this looked like the place to get it from).some of the other blinds did pretty good,looking to redeem our self at San jacinto on wens

DOGHOUSE26

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Nice job! We didn't do so good at barret,shot a couple coots just to keep the stink of failure off (and if I'm gonna eat a coot this looked like the place to get it from).some of the other blinds did pretty good,looking to redeem our self at San jacinto on wens
Looks like they did pretty good @ SJ Yesterday:

Hunters were treated to an outstanding opening day at San Jacinto Wildlife Area for the start of the 2019/20 waterfowl season. A great average bird harvest was taken under clear skies and temperatures just topping 80 degrees. Cinnamon Teal were the number one bird harvested for the opener with Green Wing Teal being found in the second position for number of birds taken on the opener. Tom Trakes, from San Jacinto Wildlife Area, reported that the results for Saturday, 10/19/19 were as follows:

234 adult and 25 junior hunters bagged 80 Northern Shovelers, 479 Cinnamon Teal, 20 Gadwall, 2 Widgeon, 125 Green Wing Teal, 73 Mallards, 2 Redheads, 9 Ring Necks, 2 Blue Wing Teal, 6 Wood Ducks, and 16 Ruddy Ducks. There were no geese bagged at San Jacinto on Saturday. There were also 35 coots checked in on Saturday. This resulted in an average take of 3.14 ducks per hunter or 3.28 waterfowl per person with the coots figured in. Tom advised that out of 50 reservation cards 45 showed up on time to claim their spot.

Please let us know how it goes Wednesday. We have #37 for Wister; I'll post it up when we get back

windmillwilly

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 15, 2006
wildomar ca.
Name
bill
Boat
nada
Man that was the info I needed to hear!will report after wens and then back out there sat and off to wister sun,so I'll be looking forward to your report for Wensdays shoot ,best of luck

CartridgeCalls

Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
www.ebay.com
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Went out sunday. Winged a nice mallard but he crashed down in fron of someone else blind who decided to keep him. In his defense he did finish him off. Other than that shot 11 coots.

Reactions: windmillwilly

windmillwilly

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 15, 2006
wildomar ca.
Name
bill
Boat
nada
San jacinto on wens and sat was a blast got 2 teal and a couple coots but a lot of birds moving and a cool place to hunt,lost a couple to the too lies but a good time.sun at wister was a bust too warm too dry too soon fingers crossed for later in the season

CartridgeCalls

Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
www.ebay.com
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Went out yesterday AM but nothing out there worth shooting. Winds were pretty bad. left the blind around 9am.