FHisherman

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 15, 2011
Anacortes, WA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Parker
We just launched this 2019 2820 XLD with 300 Yamahas today in Anacortes, WA for a customer. I'll post more about the boat and build after tomorrow. Going to run her around all day, get her dialed in and then give her a bath. Customer is going to take her to fish the Roche Harbor Salmon Classic this weekend. Might be the nicest Parker floating when she's done. She's loaded.
fortuna1.jpg
fortuna2.jpg

slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Your job would not suck! Sweet boat! Good luck in he Roche if you’re in it! See ya at the Friday Harbor Slamon Classic!

Reactions: FHisherman

7raptor

happy to be here
Sep 18, 2004
The Islands
Name
yup
Boat
A Big One
What a beautiful boat.

I wonder what the fuel economy is, fully loaded?
Prob 1mpg @ 27mph full fuel and ice. Prob .7 @ 27mph if it had a 120 gallon PE tank and a Marlin tower like Duane has, Socal setup. @NextLevelParkers builds the 28s with Furuno side scan sonar.

openclass

Slam
May 28, 2009
Fairfield/Bodega Bay
Name
Rick
Boat
Parker 2820 & 26' Farallon Whaleback
Someone sure got a beautiful boat. I'm sure there is lots more customizing to go on this beauty. Is that a touch screen above the 2nd station?

Edit...whats up with a kicker on a twin engine boat, is there something I don't know?

Last edited:

TwoTapPat

Crank the handle Randle
May 22, 2013
some where on the water
Name
Pat
Boat
High on the Goat
Someone sure got a beautiful boat. I'm sure there is lots more customizing to go on this beauty. Is that a touch screen above the 2nd station?

Edit...whats up with a kicker on a twin engine boat, is there something I don't know?
This boat is in Washington. Kicker is for salmon trolling. A 9.9 is a lot cheaper to replace than a 300. I know guys that put hundreds of hours a year on there kicker trolling for salmon.

openclass

Slam
May 28, 2009
Fairfield/Bodega Bay
Name
Rick
Boat
Parker 2820 & 26' Farallon Whaleback
The next logical question is steering on that engine...auto pilot, linked to the 300s? Ive never seen anything like that down here but in general its a different kind of fishing here. I might be interested in that on my 2820. What speeds would that setup have? slow troll for salmon, is it quick enough for tuna?

TwoTapPat

Crank the handle Randle
May 22, 2013
some where on the water
Name
Pat
Boat
High on the Goat
The next logical question is steering on that engine...auto pilot, linked to the 300s? Ive never seen anything like that down here but in general its a different kind of fishing here. I might be interested in that on my 2820. What speeds would that setup have? slow troll for salmon, is it quick enough for tuna?
Generally the Kicker is hooked to the mains via a tie rod. Trolling for salmon is between 1.5 to 3.0 Knots. @FHisherman could probably answer some questions better for you. When we tuna fish up here in Washington, for Albacore we use the mains. Trolling for them we generally do 5 to 7 Knots.

Reactions: FHisherman

FHisherman

Aug 15, 2011
Anacortes, WA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Parker

Yup, touch screen out back. Kicker for salmon trolling.

Reactions: One_Leg

FHisherman

Aug 15, 2011
Anacortes, WA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Parker
Auto pilot drives the mains, steers the kicker by tie in to the mains. We can put big hours on a kicker trolling for salmon. Kicker isn't fast enough for tuna troll though.

FHisherman

Aug 15, 2011
Anacortes, WA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Parker
What a beautiful boat.

I wonder what the fuel economy is, fully loaded?
We were getting 1.3 MPG at 30-32 MPH. Not fully loaded, but full of fuel and H20. No bait tank yet...Flat inland water. She might do better when broken in. She's do worse in ocean swells. So much power the 32 MPH was at 3500 RPM. Lust loping along.

Reactions: A-K and One_Leg

slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
It was nice meeting the new lucky owner and deck mates of “Fortuna” at the Friday Harbor Salmon Classic. That weather put that boat to a good test. Docking in 60 mph wind was not easy though for sure! I was afraid of running into the “Fortuna” and luckily backed into my slip and let the wind do the work. You guys made my kids day when you gave them the tickets for the drawing, even though they didn’t win. Thanks guys hopefully see you up in these parts again!

A-K

Jun 14, 2015
Washington
Name
Aaron
Boat
Parker 2320
That’s a Burnewiin product. I have 4 of their rod holders on my boat. They’re great, and make good stuff!

Long Beach Bob

May 13, 2004
Long Beach and points due west
Name
Bob Ballew
Boat
2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
Wow, great setup no matter where you fish...2023 and 2025 guys might want to pass on a kicker if you have larger size twin engines. My 25'er came with twin 200's and a 15 h.p. kicker on the Armstrong bracket...whenever there were two or more fishing the stern, the added weight put the drain flaps below the waterline, creating some wet feet...pulled the kicker and solved the problem...

Tomictime

Crusty Old Salt
May 9, 2014
Poverty Bay & Carlsbad
Name
Jim
Boat
Boatless.....
i know the owner, nice guy and BBQ the best Spring salmon.
a kicker is pretty much essential for proper bait trolling speed for salmon. and halibut backtroll

for the dealer? why no long cabin 28’

FHisherman

Aug 15, 2011
Anacortes, WA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Parker
i know the owner, nice guy and BBQ the best Spring salmon.
a kicker is pretty much essential for proper bait trolling speed for salmon. and halibut backtroll

for the dealer? why no long cabin 28’
We've been pushing for Parker to make the 2830 again for a long time. It would make a great 6 Pack charter as well as a great rec platform. Maybe an influx of capital under new ownership will help...