nunyabizness1

BD Den Momma
Feb 9, 2007
San Diego
Name
Nunya
Boat
S. S. Minnow
Saturday, Feb. 3rd was the annual Lake Poway Kid's Fishing Derby organized and lead by Captain Ron Baker, his 23rd year hosting this fantastic event!

It all started with a Friday evening seminar by Mike Long on how to fish and win the derby. A rod rigging table was available to help get ready for the derby the next morning. Pizza was provided to all. The park was open to overnight camping and there were plenty of families who took advantage of this beautiful overnight stay!

Fishing started bright and early at 6 am. CCA was there with a booth hosted by the head of the local CCA - BDer Wayne Kotow. They provided some loaner rods and help on rigging and casting. There was a carnival game booth with prizes for the kids, a bounce house, a bounce slide, the fabulous Mila with facepainting, the Extreme Rahime presented a fun magic show for the kids, San Diego Rod and Reel as usual grilled up over 1,000 hot dogs, chili, chips and drinks for the kids and families, and there were TONS of great prizes for the kids who won the derby as well as plenty of raffle prizes! Laurie was there from Turners as one of the sponsors and BD provided me with tons of stickers and some swag to donate as prizes. BDer Sealskinner aka Mike dropped off a box of great items, powerbait, lures and other cool items to give away to the kids.

Captain Ron announced that he is retiring from organizing these derbies and passed the wand over to Mike Long to continue the tradition. Please take a moment to recognize and thank Captain Ron for allowing 1,000's of kids to have a fantastic time fishing this derby over the years, all for free!

IMG_9435.JPG

IMG_9238.JPG

IMG_9397.JPG

IMG_9370.JPG

IMG_9246.JPG

IMG_9249.JPG

IMG_9304.JPG

IMG_9315.JPG

IMG_9385.JPG

IMG_9265.JPG

Brandon P family.jpg
boys fishin.jpg
IMG_9390.JPG

IMG_9329.JPG

IMG_9451.JPG

IMG_9341.JPG

I took over 200 pics and am posting the link here: https://poway18.shutterfly.com/

Upvote 0

NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat
35 Cabo Express
Great memories. I took my daughter there when she was as small as some of these girls. She just graduated college last month and this really brings back some great times with the kids. Keep this going, they remember these events for the rest of there life

Upvote 0

nunyabizness1

BD Den Momma
Feb 9, 2007
San Diego
Name
Nunya
Boat
S. S. Minnow
Great memories. I took my daughter there when she was as small as some of these girls. She just graduated college last month and this really brings back some great times with the kids. Keep this going, they remember these events for the rest of there life

It was so nice to hear how much the parents appreciated it ad the kids enjoyed it! Priceless memories for sure! Captain Ron is retiring but this event will continue with Mike Long leading it!

Upvote 0