2018 Balloons Blow / The Mylar Round Up is back bigger and better and it starts now!

Willdoggy

Willing Member
Jun 25, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
IG = WetWillyBiz
Boat
Purr-Sea-Stance: Boston Whaler Montauk 170
Do kayaks count?
Chasing dreams of ghost and yellows at LJ and all I get is a ...

LOL
Swimming wings count as far as I’m concerned but Doug is the new balloon sheriff in town.

Congrats to Josh for his March Win!!!!

Josh: Please let me know if you’d prefer the Fillet knife sized holder or the Forschner size that Doug posted photo of. PM me an address and I’ll send you either. Will

Reactions: JoshInSD and sueno

JoshInSD

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 22, 2015
San Diego
Name
Josh
Boat
Mackerel Magnet (Sailfish 21' CC)
Swimming wings count as far as I’m concerned but Doug is the new balloon sheriff in town.

Congrats to Josh for his March Win!!!!

Josh: Please let me know if you’d prefer the Fillet knife sized holder or the Forschner size that Doug posted photo of. PM me an address and I’ll send you either. Will
Bonus prize for Joshinsd! Josh wins a new fillet knife holder courtesy of one our great sponsors WetWillyBiz! We are getting more sponsors and more swag so make sure you stop and pick up all the balloons you see!

View attachment 916767
No way! Thanks guys. I guess with 11 entries the last day of March that helped my chances. Stoked! I’ll send a PM.

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
Does trash from shore count? :)
Doheney Beach 22.7 Lbs

Capo Beach (7 mylars) 5.5 lbs trash

Doheny State Beach 6.5 lbs

Doheny and Capo 19.5 lbs
Did't dump this one out for a pic. Some gross shit was in the bag.
WOW! GREAT JOB!!! Send me your address and I will send you something for your good deed!

Reactions: fxbobby

RodRage

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Three stops in Long Beach.

mylar.jpg

Reactions: sueno

RodRage

Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
How many ya got there? That looks like purty work!
This was Monday April 2nd after Easter, These things are in all the grocery and dollar stores its frkn crazy something needs to be done!

Willdoggy

Willing Member
Jun 25, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
IG = WetWillyBiz
Boat
This was Monday April 2nd after Easter, These things are in all the grocery and dollar stores its frkn crazy something needs to be done!
Yup it is out of control. We are trying to raise everybody’s awareness. It is especially important to let your land loving friends what you see out in the ocean. Basically delayed litter that can potentially kill wildlife, start fires when they land on powerlines and generally are an eye sore. So how many did you pick up? You might become our April Winner??!!
Will

RodRage

Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Yup it is out of control. We are trying to raise everybody’s awareness. It is especially important to let your land loving friends what you see out in the ocean. Basically delayed litter that can potentially kill wildlife, start fires when they land on powerlines and generally are an eye sore. So how many did you pick up? You might become our April Winner??!!
Will[/QUOTE.e
Six balloons total but four were tied together so technically three

RodRage

Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
San Pedro today, One Beachball and a meal for three!

D768A6F1-EC78-486F-B8B7-FEDD74CF6016.jpeg B63A7A1E-00B7-47C6-B405-1092A2C5552F.jpeg

Reactions: Willdoggy

Willdoggy

Willing Member
Jun 25, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
IG = WetWillyBiz
Boat

Willdoggy

Willing Member
Jun 25, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
IG = WetWillyBiz
Boat
For those who don’t know here is how this fun sport works:
“Catch” any balloon in the ocean, photograph it and post it on this thread and feel free to also put it on any social media. Please make sure to hash tag any post with #TheMylarRoundUp to get credit.
Each balloon wins you or your team a raffle ticket. At the end of the month we put all the raffle tickets into a hat and randomly draw a ticket for each prize. You could win big for just one balloon. Mylar counts, latex counts and we’ll even count plastic bags, beach balls and boat fenders so make sure to catch, photograph, hashtag and consider yourself entered. Tell all your friends. Bragging about the biggest bouquet of balloons is encouraged. 10 balloons = 10 Raffle Tickets! Results will be posted the first week of the following month. Here are April’s big raffle ticket winners:

Ben (BenRD81) (10)
Chad (Madrugador) (24)
Don (Bellcon) (1)
Rotus (Blackfish) (12)
(Rodrage) (7)

Good luck guys!!!

Raffle for the April 2018 for #TheMylarRoundUp will take place Sunday night and be posted Monday morning the prizes you are competing for are:

Winner of BD Outdoors Swag Bag and Nomad Lures
Winner of 20# Bull Buster mono
Winner of 20# Bull Buster mono
Winner of 20# Bull Buster braid
Winner of Discover Baja T-shirt
Winner of WetWillyBiz Magnetic Knife holder
Winner of Angler’s Choice $25 gift certificate
Winner of Angler’s Choice Swag Bag

Stay tuned for later months as the prizes keep getting bigger and better. Including a winner of one year Sea Tow membership later this Summer.

More prizes are piling up for May so get involved in this fun part of your lake, bay, inshore or offshore trip. This contest will continue throughout 2018 and we are expecting to see not only some great results posted here but some super prizes by the end of the year. If you or anyone you know wishes to pledge a prize we encourage that too. Please contact Michelle, me (Willdoggy) or Doug (Sueño) here on BD via private message. Last, please make sure to let any sponsor know you appreciate them contributing to this worthy cause. Thanks Ladies and Gents! We are doing good things!

Last edited:
Reactions: sueno

madrugador

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HUNT
Jul 6, 2004
el cajon
Name
chad
Boat
26 blackman MADRUGADOR II For sale ,13'6 gregor hoopster
+1 madrugador #themylarroundup

20180505_160559.jpg