Big Bay Yachts

CptnAndre

Apr 26, 2005
Chatsworth
Name
Andre
Boat
Custom 1650 Crestliner
Giving the WTB a chance. The newer Montauk 17 is where it’s at for me. Let me know if you have one to sell or have a lead. Thanks.
818-825-8592
Andre
Can text or leave a message if I don’t pick up.

Upvote 0

Hooops

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
okay - but the livewell from whaler will barely keep a squid or mackral alive - you are going to need a real live well from offshore/bluewater to hold sardines. Gas tank below deck a real benefit ? And as far as modern engines - find a old whaler with a shitty 2 stroke and throw it away and get a new Yamaha F70.

You can spend your money how you want though...

Upvote 0

CptnAndre

Apr 26, 2005
Chatsworth
Name
Andre
Boat
Custom 1650 Crestliner
okay - but the livewell from whaler will barely keep a squid or mackral alive - you are going to need a real live well from offshore/bluewater to hold sardines. Gas tank below deck a real benefit ? And as far as modern engines - find a old whaler with a shitty 2 stroke and throw it away and get a new Yamaha F70.

Yeah. Thanks

Upvote 0

hotrail20

Skiff Life
May 28, 2006
Chino,Ca
Name
Leonard
Boat
Mine

I just got a 2007 BW Montauk 190 and my bait tank holds plenty of bait Sardines it has a 4 stroke and 60g below deck and I got a hell of a deal runs like a champ and Sips fuel with a 115 hp

Last edited:
Reactions: Hooops
Upvote 0

Hooops

Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
If you got a 2097 Whaler maybe they updated the bait tank above the standard single spray feed - lol - because that bait tank tech fucking sux for west coast bait.

Keep hunting cows or maybe your a clown hunter.

The stock whaler tanks are trash - not meant for west coast bait circulation what so ever - but what do I know...

Upvote 0

hotrail20

Skiff Life
May 28, 2006
Chino,Ca
Name
Leonard
Boat
Mine
If you got a 2097 Whaler maybe they updated the bait tank above the standard single spray feed - lol - because that bait tank tech fucking sux for west coast bait.

The stock whaler tanks are trash - not meant for west coast bait circulation what so ever - but what do I know...
I make sure to post a Cow pic on it this year I don’t need a bait tank to hang a Flyer on the kite

Upvote 0

CptnAndre

Apr 26, 2005
Chatsworth
Name
Andre
Boat
Custom 1650 Crestliner
Got the boat! Thanks BD!!! WTB works!
2EEEBA55-7F92-4A21-A3F2-9E56124F3992.jpeg

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2017
COSTA MESA
Name
Hank
Boat
Small raft
Yes! That was me. Ended up being a broken Fuel line connector. I since gutted all plastic connectors and rigged it with brass fittings and standard outboard lines. How did it go with your rig?
Starter went out on the motor - Newly rebuilt Diesel engine and had the orginal starter motor - should be covered under my warrenty - funny thing is, same motor and same problem happened to my Dad. Anyway, hoping to get back on the water once the weather clears.

Reactions: CptnAndre
Upvote 0

hotrail20

Skiff Life
May 28, 2006
Chino,Ca
Name
Leonard
Boat
Mine

My squid stayed alive all day today so did my deans

Reactions: CptnAndre
Upvote 0

Hooops

Nov 26, 2005
Huntington Harbour
Name
Hoops
Boat
My squid stayed alive all day today so did my deans

I can't fix stupid - if your bait tank has a single jet spray - you will have to learn yourself how west coast bait tanks work.

Here's a 12yr old post with some useful info...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
HOOOPS just let it go, you said it yourself CFS. He may have bait but he doesn't have chum.

Upvote 0