2017 Winter Harbour trip questions

Discussion in 'Alaska & British Columbia Fishing Reports Forum' started by Excaliber, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Excaliber

Excaliber Member

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    sold
    I'm thinking about taking the Wife over to BC for some Salmon , Halibut and lings this summer( June-July). After some reading here and on the internet it seems like Winter Harbour is one of the better areas.
    All I could find were all inclusive resorts like Qualicom Rivers resort , Serengeti in Port Hardy etc. Has anyone fished with these outfits? any feedback? We've never been to BC to fish. I was looking for daily charters and maybe staying at a B&B or something like that.
    Are there other areas that offer quality fishing that we should also look into?
    I was just looking for some input on where to fish and stay. We are looking to fish 3 days.
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. richmake

richmake Newbie

Name:
    chad
    Boat:
    Fleet of 25' grady white sailfish
    PM sent

3. jim offshore

jim offshore Newbie

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    17' MONTAUK
    I had a bad experience with Serengeti in Port Hardy, DON'T USE. The fishery is fantastic out of Port Hardy though. I would go back there anytime to fish. Halibut, Lingcod, Yellow Eye, Salmon all in the same day, in the same area. Get a local charter, find a little hotel, eat in town, get fish packed at Hardy Boyz, Done. Good Luck!!

4. kaelc

kaelc Newbie

Name:
    Kael D Campbell
    Boat:
    Hewescraft Searunner
    A post on SportsfishingBC Forum will likely give you lots of responses. Should be a great trip, I used to commercial fish out of there 20 years ago!

5. WA dux

WA dux Newbie

Name:
    Ken J
    Boat:
    22 hewescraft
    We went to winter harbor last year. We had to buy a second chest freezer when we got home. Serious. Did great on lings, halibut. Ok on salmon. Its very small village. Saw bears on gravel road on way there. Only two options I know of, all inclusive or bring your boat. Its about 2 hours from port hardy.