2015 Parker 2320 winter projects

Discussion in 'Parker Boats - The Tradition Continues' started by NW of the Brink, Apr 7, 2016.

1. NW of the Brink

NW of the Brink Newbie

Name:
    Karen Brink
    Boat:
    2320 Parker
    Went out for the Halibut opener and had little success, weather chased us back in early, I'm loving my new fish cleaning table that fits onto the bank tank. Damon had a good idea of incorporating his bait cooler into his bait tank lid for salmon fishing, My compliments to Damon, I fully stole his idea. Since there won't be much of a salmon season this year I'll just use it for my lunch bucket.

And that iPad shelf on the dash, the iPad took its first flight, but but came back into the same spot it left from...I might need to invest in some velcro. 13095829_1175058719172932_3264315891606121525_n.jpg 13083352_1175058255839645_2341946808746833659_n.jpg

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    justfishin89, Freedom Roc and A-K like this.
  2. NW of the Brink

NW of the Brink Newbie

Name:
    Karen Brink
    Boat:
    2320 Parker
    IMG_0535.JPG IMG_0547.JPG IMG_0548.JPG IMG_0549.JPG IMG_0553.JPG IMG_0556.JPG
    Steve came out today and finished the boat, I absolutely love the new radar arch and 15 hole rod holder. He moved the horns and the white nav light off the roof and onto the arch, mounted a nifty setup for a couple of boat bumpers, spreader lights and did I mention it will hold 6 live bait, 5 trolling, 2 swim bait and 2 irons rods! Makes me feel as prickly as a porcupine. Thanks Steve!!!

Ugly Bayliner and A-K like this.
  3. Ugly Bayliner

Ugly Bayliner I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Steve Ericsson
    Boat:
    20' Ugly Bayliner
    You bet, I am very happy with how it turned out, glad you are happy with it. I've had lots of positive comments on the bumper storage, that was a great idea. Glad to have another Parker on the books, love these boats!

NW of the Brink likes this.
  4. chamackO

chamackO Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Alex
    Boat:
    none
    Nice. That's the right angle for those rod holders

5. QwikSticks

QwikSticks Chucka

Name:
    Brian M
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    Put a permatrim on the motor and replace the 12 inch trim tabs with 24 inch cookie sheets and you will love that boat even more. Will plane faster and at slower speed 13 to 14 mph. Smooths the ride out in the slop a lot also. Eli installed on his boat after seeing what they did with mine.

6. NW of the Brink

NW of the Brink Newbie

Name:
    Karen Brink
    Boat:
    2320 Parker
    I have heard this and might do it next year, I ran out of time and money and still have a couple more things to get squared away in the next few days before I put it in the water. Thanks for the info!

7. NW of the Brink

NW of the Brink Newbie

Name:
    Karen Brink
    Boat:
    2320 Parker
    Weather and tuna finally came together this last week and I wanted to post a few more pictures of Ugly Bayliner's radar arch in action. It was nice to get all the rods up high and keep the side of the cabin clean so that you could move around the boat. My wife went up and fished off the bow and was watching the tuna come around from the front of the boat nice and slow and zoom towards the stern to take the live bait. This radar arch has been a game changer for me, the bean bag chairs wedge in nice and secure under the radar dome while we are fishing, the bumper brackets are an awesome addition for keeping things less cluttered in the cabin and gives me some "oops" protection at the bait and fuel docks. The spreader lights are Coastal Night Lights out of Florida, I broke one of the mounting brackets and the guy sent me a new bracket and a spare 2 day air, no charge, great customer service. If your need a well designed and built rod holder, Ugly Bayliner is your Man!!!

IMG_1480.JPG IMG_1478.JPG IMG_4125.JPG IMG_2793.JPG IMG_0726.JPG

FHisherman and A-K like this.
  8. FHisherman

FHisherman Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    Parker
    That's a very nice piece of work right there.

9. usmc_reyes2007

usmc_reyes2007 Member

Name:
    Roger Reyes
    Boat:
    2008 Parker 2120 Sport Cabin
    Agreed! Beautiful Boat

10. justfishin89

justfishin89 HANA PA'A!!!

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    Ranger Z119C
    I love that arch. I'm a functionality fanatic. Getting everything up there and out of the way but still in arms reach when needed. Great addition.

11. Fishingguy

Fishingguy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker
    Love the write up! Keep the pics coming!

12. Unassailable

Unassailable Professional Amateur

Name:
    John B
    Boat:
    BW
    Sweet boat and professional installs. Quick question for you...which connector is this?
    [​IMG]

That is a great idea I need to incorporate!

13. jim isbell

jim isbell Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jim Isbell
    Boat:
    19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
    I hope a lot of new boaters--and some old ones, read your post, carefully and notice the safety things you included. Thru hull fittings are often overlooked, but I see you added the 90 degree shut-offs--that is using your head and might save lives. Thing about prevention--you never get any credit because something bad never happened. Just the same, well done. Same with the bilge pumps and other safety measures. The saddest thing that I see overlooked, even by people who are really good, are certain items that don't go in the boat--they go on us, little things attached to the easy to wear, lightweight life jackets. Every once in a while, I hear of someone that somehow, gets separated from their boat, and now they are out there, with no way to reach out, but a simple PLB/personal EPIRB could have saved them from a horrible time, or even saved their lives.

14. NW of the Brink

NW of the Brink Newbie

Name:
    Karen Brink
    Boat:
    2320 Parker
    That is a deutsch connector, Parker had already installed the switch and wiring, I just had to buy the two prong female end and connect to to my pump wire. Its pretty slick, little bit of a pain and expense to initially set up due to the need for a special crimp tool.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Unassailable likes this.
  15. NW of the Brink

NW of the Brink Newbie

Name:
    Karen Brink
    Boat:
    2320 Parker
    After putting a lot of thought into this I still forgot one critical safety item, I forgot to put a valve in between the bait tank pump and the bait tank. The pump will most likely go out at the most inconvenient time when the tank is full with live bait in it. If I pull the pump to change it out, I have 50 gallons of water wanting to come out of the tank inlet hose, into and out of the pump housing, and into my bilge, Best case scenario I'm getting wet and getting salt water onto my batteries and the electrical located in the bilge. I will definitely be fixing this oversight this winter. In the mean time I figured I would crimp the supply hose with pliers while I changed the pump if need be.

Deep Cover and FHisherman like this.
  16. Islandrat

Islandrat Wish I was new

Name:
    Eric
    Boat:
    Davis 22 to Radon 26 to Crystaliner 33
    Do u loose prime on the pump ever, or hard to get prime? If so turn pump 90 degrees with outlet up. It may be low enough in waterline u don't have problem. Nice work though.

17. Unassailable

Unassailable Professional Amateur

Name:
    John B
    Boat:
    BW
    Thanks, found them and just ordered a couple!

18. NW of the Brink

NW of the Brink Newbie

Name:
    Karen Brink
    Boat:
    2320 Parker
    Never had a problem with a prime, the through hull water scoop does its job too well, I usually have water cycling into the tank through the (turned off) pump and back out the drain when running on step, lately I have been running with my through hull valve shut to keep the weight down in the boat when not needing the bait tank.

FHisherman likes this.