For Sale 2010 Bayrunner Baja 17 w/Honda 60

EZ MONEY

Mar 23, 2017
Murrieta, Ca.
Name
Jerry
Boat
17 bayrunner baja
Call or text Jerry at 951 395-2594 for more information.
Boat is located in Murrieta, Ca.
$17,000 (obo)

17 Ft Klamath BayRunner - Center console
Honda BF 60A motor
Motor has 65 hours and was serviced annually. That's right, only 65 hours.
Boat has no leaks
Mostly launched out of Dana Point and Oceanside to fish local Kelp.
Second Owner. First owner used in fresh water at Bridgeport Reservoir.
Bow and stern seats with a Garelick EEZ-In-boarding ladder
Sun Canopy - came with the boat but never used.
Custom cover - made by Custom Canvas Co in Montclair - some repair needed.
27 gal Bait tank (1/2 scoop lasts all day)
ICom ICM 324 VHF w/Shakespeare Galaxy 5400 Xtanterra
Ritchie Compass
2 - Group 24 batteries w/4-way Cole Herse switch
Pro Sport 20 - 2 bank marine battery charger
2 - 6 gal. gas tanks with quick release fuel line - mounted under bait tank
3 tray tackle locker - mounter at front of console
Lowrance Elite 7ti with total scan 455/800 transducer
6 - rod holders mounted to bait tank
6 - gunnel rod holders - 3 port/3 starboard
4 - under gunnel rod holders (used for gaff and nets)
Added shelf in console
14" x 36" cleaning board - sits on top of bait tank
Attwood Transom saver
Lewmar Anchor with 20 ft. of chain & 150 ft. of rope.
20160614_122252_001.jpg
20170806_104727 - Copy (2).jpg
20180304_114518.jpg
20180304_114550.jpg
20201022_112447 - Copy.jpg
20201022_112515.jpg
20201022_112628.jpg
20201022_112636.jpg
20201022_112645.jpg
20201022_113022.jpg
20201022_113125.jpg
20201022_113156 (2).jpg
20201022_113718.jpg
20201022_113752.jpg
20201022_114444.jpg
20201022_114751 (2).jpg

Robert c. Sample

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 11, 2019
Snowflake arizona
Name
Robert sample
Boat
Reel rage
Boats are subject to electrolysis any dissimilar metal in contact with the aluminum. Stainless steel is a big problem.

old school 8541

Jan 30, 2012
Riverside CA
Name
Emmet
Boat
Big Buckn Boat
This is a nice clean well kept boat, I am sure the owner has maintained the sacrificial anodes as meticulously as he has the rest of the boat. Someone is going to get a deal on a quality aluminum boat.

Reactions: Danthefishman

Robert c. Sample

Feb 11, 2019
Snowflake arizona
Name
Robert sample
Boat
Reel rage
This is a nice clean well kept boat, I am sure the owner has maintained the sacrificial anodes as meticulously as he has the rest of the boat. Someone is going to get a deal on a quality aluminum boat.
That true for all ground wires for the electrical system. But any bolts flanges that come in contact with the boat won't be protected by anode. They must be painted sleeved and back up by wood teflon plastic. Just trying to help out owners and buyers.

straightrod

Sep 7, 2012
Chino Hills
Name
David Roderick
Boat
Doreen
Nice boat! Been looking at the larger ones.
Living full time south of San Quintin. Wanting to beach launch at mouth of San Quintin bay and BOLA. What do you guys think of this as a good boat? Should I go foot longer or more - same type of boat? Mid 60's wife and I.

Robert c. Sample

Feb 11, 2019
Snowflake arizona
Name
Robert sample
Boat
Reel rage
Nice boat! Been looking at the larger ones.
Living full time south of San Quintin. Wanting to beach launch at mouth of San Quintin bay and BOLA. What do you guys think of this as a good boat? Should I go foot longer or more - same type of boat? Mid 60's wife and I.
Go with a fiberglass boat.tin boats blow around in the wind noisy but they are light.Had one sold it .Get a small Boston whaler or panga.just my opinion.

Reactions: dagonative

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
This is the biggest lil boat you can get. Probably the best all around boat for size and utility.

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
These boats kick ass. I owned a 18foot bayrunner and loved it. 1980s vintage-THAT IS STILL FISHING TODAY. They last, they are what they are and for entry level or baja fishing they are great. Islands all day long, 302 with mellow weather, la jolla killers. Back in the 90's pre-Parker these were the boats to have. I fished LJ and there would be 10 boats and 8 of them were bayrunners. Cheap to run, minimal systems. Great boat.

Charmin Grouper

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 22, 2006
Point Loma
Name
CP
Boat
25 Jack Skip
Go with a fiberglass boat.tin boats blow around in the wind noisy but they are light.Had one sold it .Get a small Boston whaler or panga.just my opinion.
Then why did you buy a POS fly bridge skipjack? Answer: couldn't afford a real whaler. I would go with the 60 Bad Co.

Ever seen a true commercial/military boat made out of fiberglass? What are the coast guard and navy boats made out of the you see in Glorietta a bay? Ooh and one last thing, I assume you don't buy bait from services that boats that aren't made out of fiber glass. Don't be a douche! Just my opinion?

bmartin5

Well-Known "Member"
May 17, 2013
Covina
Name
brandon
Boat
Tintanic
Then why did you buy a POS fly bridge skipjack? Answer: couldn't afford a real whaler. I would go with the 60 Bad Co.

Ever seen a true commercial/military boat made out of fiberglass? What are the coast guard and navy boats made out of the you see in Glorietta a bay? Ooh and one last thing, I assume you don't buy bait from services that boats that aren't made out of fiber glass. Don't be a douche! Just my opinion?
Hey now, me and my POS flybridge skippy take offense to that..... 😐

but back on topic, I don't know why he's trying to push people away from aluminum boats. As long as they're maintained, and it's dead simple to maintain an aluminum boat, they're practically just get in and go.
that, and how can you not love spending a whole day on the water for less than $40 in gas?

But to also be fair, I normally see people putting their anodes on the transom, and this boat doesn't appear to have any there. maybe the seller can chime in in regards to where there are any at? Because at the end of the day, he is right. Saltwater can wreak absolute havoc on an aluminum boat that isn't properly protected. No matter how meticulous of care was taken with the rest of the boat, one simple little thing like missing an anode when using an aluminum boat and salt water can destroy the whole thing within a matter of time.

This is a pretty sexy bayrunner to be honest though...

Last edited:

WHALER21

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 27, 2006
Cerritos
Name
Carlos
Boat
BW Justice 17', Parker 2320, 15' Boston Whaler & 16' G3
Bump for a really clean boat. Unless l missed it, what year is the hull and motor?

WHALER21

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 27, 2006
Cerritos
Name
Carlos
Boat
BW Justice 17', Parker 2320, 15' Boston Whaler & 16' G3
Never mind, l see it's a 2010. Thanks.

Charmin Grouper

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 22, 2006
Point Loma
Name
CP
Boat
25 Jack Skip
Hey now, me and my POS flybridge skippy take offense to that..... 😐

but back on topic, I don't know why he's trying to push people away from aluminum boats. As long as they're maintained, and it's dead simple to maintain an aluminum boat, they're practically just get in and go.
that, and how can you not love spending a whole day on the water for less than $40 in gas?

But to also be fair, I normally see people putting their anodes on the transom, and this boat doesn't appear to have any there. maybe the seller can chime in in regards to where there are any at? Because at the end of the day, he is right. Saltwater can wreak absolute havoc on an aluminum boat that isn't properly protected. No matter how meticulous of care was taken with the rest of the boat, one simple little thing like missing an anode when using an aluminum boat and salt water can destroy the whole thing within a matter of time.

This is a pretty sexy bayrunner to be honest though...
I had a POS Skipjack for 20 years that was a great boat. Just busting this guys balls. Someone will always have a bigger a better boat. Also have had several Bayrunners that never had a electrolysis issues and this boat looks meticulous. It's not a big issue unless you slip the boat.

bmartin5

Well-Known "Member"
May 17, 2013
Covina
Name
brandon
Boat
Tintanic
I had a POS Skipjack for 20 years that was a great boat. Just busting this guys balls. Someone will always have a bigger a better boat. Also have had several Bayrunners that never had a electrolysis issues and this boat looks meticulous. It's not a big issue unless you slip the boat.

I bet. My sometimes dry humor doesn't come across really well on the internet 👍

And yeah, this boat does look meticulously maintained, but the problem comes in if this boat has foam under the deck, and somehow salt water gets to sit between the foam and the hull. Not saying it happens quickly, but it does happen, even on trailer boats.

Another place to watch out for, which is really typical for developing pinholes on saltwater aluminum boats are the areas where the boat sits on the bunks if the bunch of wrapped in carpet.

But it's still a sexy boat!

GLWS :)

Charmin Grouper

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 22, 2006
Point Loma
Name
CP
Boat
25 Jack Skip
Agreed. But it irritates me (and you are not the culprit) when some tries to sabotage a listing. Well maintained, well constructed metal boats are the commercial fisheries and military's norm...why because they are indestructible and easy to repair. Sacrificial anodes cost less per year than and a six pack of beer. Appreciate your candor.

fishboyjc

Mariposa matador
Oct 23, 2007
El Segundo
Name
Jon
Boat
26’ Shamrock
With 65 hrs. on it and nicely accessorized this boat has
obviously been used lightly and taken care of well. He even installed a pad so the anchor chain would not scratch the aluminum. A lot of attention to detail. GLWS!