2009 Boulton Sea Skiff Redecking Project

Feb 11, 2018
Laurel, Montana
Name
Dan Gray
Boat
2009 Bouloton Sea Skiff
During the end of this year's salmon season, I noticed a few soft spot on the deck of my 2009 Boulton Sea Skiff. After doing a bit of research, I found out that most plywood decks only last 8 - 10 years depending on how they have been maintained and stored. I have had this boat for 2 years, and store it inside, as did the guy I bought it from. I have no idea about the previous owner.
I ended up having to remove the entire deck, which I replaced with 5/8" marine plywood. I coated the plywood after it was cut with 3 coats of Minn Wax Helmsmen urethane. I covered the new deck with Seadeck foam deck cover, replaced the two folding seats, replaced existing wood fish box door with a waterproof one. I also found another small area for storage up near the bow, which I added for life jacket storage.
I also installed a Magma filet table on the stern of the boat and a removable fishing chair in the bow.

CW 5.jpg Cw 4.jpg CW 3.jpg CW 1.jpg CW2.jpg CW 6.jpg

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
That's a nice looking rig you got there! Next time use epoxy on all side of your plywood. You can get a 1 gal kit of under $100 online. It would give you a waterproof finish. It should hold up better.

Reactions: sickcat

onehottip

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
Looks great. Being stored inside should still give you years of solid service. Nice job.