Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
  • Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
    There's another thread going that reminded me that the above trip might have brought together one of the best long range group of anglers ever. So while this certainly is not a report, I thought I'd see if we could remember those that were there. I'll start. Some of these are BD names, some real names and some combinations of both. I also might throw out a comment or 2. Here's who I remember, feel free to add.

Willy. Billy Casper. May he rest in peace wonderful, kind, man. Great fisherman
    Wahoodad. David Choate. Don't know where to start, I consider him a lifelong friend, mentor and long trip advisor.
    Titan05. Jim Hall. I thought Fishybuzz had some gear. This guy could be the all timer.

Louis Tilley. (my Brother) suspect fishing skills. World class boozer, who astonishingly is now sober.
    Mark Bolt. (Boltar) where is he? A true Nose Tackle if one ever existed.
    Silent Jim. Fantastic bait fisherman...doesn't need to say anything. 300lber on the Intrepid pretty much explains it
    X-Man. Rick Xavier (where is he) another great fisherman, has Old Trulines.
    Sonny Jones. Nuff said. Red Rooster111 300lb. club. Great charter master in his own right.

The Macs, Scott McDaniels? I'm pretty sure he was there.
    BillW.. Bill Walsh yep he was there another RR111 300lb club member
    Ray Jarvis. May he rest in peace. Architect of the worst hangover in long range history ( trust me) memorial trip on the Intrepid named after him.
    Hermosa Joe, Where is he? Nice guy.
    Matthew Choate (Wahoolad) great kid. Chip off the old block.

Jeff Bruner... surface iron
    Fishybuzz. David Tang...he's one of a kind....fuckin chicken feet are
    legendary. 300lber on the Maximus
    Chad Baron. Good dude. He would film the first Ray Jarvis Trip on the Intrepid
    John Thompson. Benevolent Capitalist, nice guy
    Carol Thompson, super nice lady
    Old Timer from the old Allcoast site
    OT's wife, can't remember her name, super nice
    Colin Casper, nice young chap
    Glenn Kerr....You talk about a people person...RR111 charter master every July

That's all I can remember right now. David Choate wrote up a nice report on the trip, maybe he can re-post it. Times were kind of tough back in 08. This fantastic fishing trip brings back fond memories in not so great economic conditions.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
    Mar 27, 2013
    Alaska
    Name
    JAM
    Boat
    Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
    This one?

Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
    Apr 4, 2003
    Tucson
    Visit site
    Name
    David Tang
    Boat
    Intrepid
    WOW....a blast from the past.......that was the last Willy Wahoodad trip on the Rooster then it moved to the Intrepid... Mr Hot Rod Glenn Kerr was there and Colin Casper Willy's son.......it was quite the collection of hot sticks for sure......and I too remember it as a great trip much better than the trip report....

Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

• Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    There was a real nice guy named Mike and his wife. Can't remember her name but she was a sweetheart.

Remember those 20oz New York steaks Steve Lamb and Jose made for dinner? Only guy that finished one was Wahoolad, not even Boltar (at a full 350lbs) could do it. Those were the days.

Reactions: Fishybuzz
    Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

• Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    I think I'll go over this again. This was the trip where I left my reel case behind on the front porch. Louis and I had been on a bender for a week and I just forgot it. After a panic stricken call to my neighbor retrieved the reel case I proceeded to borrow reels from members of the group. Plenty of help from this bunch, Willy pulled my number for a bitchen Accurate reel during the give-away and I did pretty good.

Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

• Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    But Jeff... you never left for good. I loaned you a Baja Special. And Jan Satterfield did not make that trip.

Your right, I'll scratch Jan. Was Bob M there?, seams he was That Baja Special filled in just fine on the yo-yo

Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    That was June Heat 2018 Jeff, I was there. Last 2 June Heats did not go...

Upvote 0

Brad I

Common Sense Isn't Common Enough
    Jun 20, 2015
    San Fernando Valley
    Name
    Brad I
    Boat
    Nope
    Actually I joined that trip the next year, but have fished with most everyone whose listed on this trip, a real good group.

Upvote 0

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
    Dec 12, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Clay
    Boat
    n/a
    Reading the linked report, trip sounded very familiar... except we farmed two anchors and OT got a nasty infection from a sardine spine in his finger.
    Guess I'm remembering a different trip.

Reactions: Workplacesafety
    Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
    Apr 4, 2003
    Tucson
    Visit site
    Name
    David Tang
    Boat
    Intrepid
    The Thompsons were a really nice couple and their son was a great kid.....Bob M was not on the trip......was that the trip where Bill Caspers Dad was on the trip??? He was my roommate on one of them.

Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    I would have remembered if Casper Sr. Was on the trip. No he was not...

Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

• Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    The Thompsons were a really nice couple and their son was a great kid.....Bob M was not on the trip......was that the trip where Bill Caspers Dad was on the trip??? He was my roommate on one of them.

Last time I fished with Casper Senior he was still playing the senior tour. That trip was in the early 90's. 3 Caspers on that trip Billy Sr, Jr and Tommy boy. That trip is now one of your Favorites Fishy, The "Coach" trip in July.

• Haha
    Reactions: Fishybuzz
    Upvote 0

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
    Apr 4, 2003
    Tucson
    Visit site
    Name
    David Tang
    Boat
    Intrepid
    That "coach" trip was a "classic" lol....... I have a great photo of Bill Sr Billy and Colin on the stern of the Rooster......time flies boy that was over 20 years ago.....

Last edited:
    Upvote 0