glenng

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 18, 2011
Scotts Valley ca Santa Cruz
Name
Glenn Grant
Boat
Size Matters
Sold our 22' davis cortez and bought a 2008 2320. Every year we do an overnight lobster trip, the Davis could sleep up to 3 people. The cabin seems a little tight for 2 6' people to sleep in. Any thought on how to extend the sleeping area?

A^4

><(((°>
Aug 13, 2017
Huntington Beach, CA
Name
Alex
Boat
Parker 1801(sold 2017), Parker 2310(since 2018)
Sold our 22' davis cortez and bought a 2008 2320. Every year we do an overnight lobster trip, the Davis could sleep up to 3 people. The cabin seems a little tight for 2 6' people to sleep in. Any thought on how to extend the sleeping area?
Buy a 2310? Jk Yeah the sleeping area of those cabins seemed tight to me too, one of the main reasons I went with the 2310. One 2320 i looked at fabricated a milk crate type thing that fit between the helm and bench seat with a vinyl cushion. That was the only solution I saw that helped and made sense, but still that space in front of the console was pretty cramped regardless. Hope this helps.

Reactions: bayfisher86

Long Beach Bob

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 13, 2004
Long Beach and points due west
Name
Bob Ballew
Boat
2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
I have the 25' pilot cabin Parker. I made a 3rd fill-in sleeping spot by thru bolting a 1 x 3 wood side rail to each bunk (length wise) that, when a 3/4 ply base is added on top of the rails; comes out level with the doorway floor area. A custom trimmed foam pad makes for a comfortable spot for tall guys.. Haven't solved the snoring part yet.....

sfjakey

Jun 3, 2009
Novato, Ca
Name
Bob Postel
Boat
Davis Rock Harbor Short Cabin "Full Box"
You may be the first guy ever to go from Davis to Parker. Why? For the outboard vs I/O?

Johnlgarrison

Jul 27, 2009
Temecula CA USA!
www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
Name
Johnny Garrison
Boat
Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
I found a tent on Amazon that fits between the bait tank and the stern. I have a twin bed size mattress pad that is covered in material (Not raw foam) that fits on top of the V-berth. We set up the tent and put the mattress pad in it for a nice place to sleep. this one from Amazon works really great, very easy to store folds up to a 2' circle only a few inches thick.

I hope this link works:
Pop-up Tent an Automatic Instant Portable Cabana Beach Tent - Suitable for Upto 2 People - Doors on Both Sides - Water-Resistant and UV Protection Sun Shelter - with Carrying Bag (Sky Blue)

by AbcoDirect

Learn more: Amazon product

Last edited:
Reactions: thrasher949

glenng

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 18, 2011
Name
Glenn Grant
Boat
Size Matters
The engine was the Volvo Penta D4. Loved the boat, the ride and 3 + miles to the gallon. But It was to expensive to get work done. Would have to drive 2 plus hours get get the work done. Davis or Helmuth Marine. Very happy so far with the parker and the 250HP Yamaha.

Long Beach Bob

May 13, 2004
Long Beach and points due west
Name
Bob Ballew
Boat
2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
If you haven't already, do some homework on the 250 Yamahas...some earlier years had exhaust tube issues, wherein, corrosion ate thru the metal tube, exposing the head to saltwater intrusion..They sell a tube kit to fix the problem...Boat U.S. and The Hull Truth sites have info on the issue. Inspect by dropping the lower half and shine a flashlight up the tube, looking for pitting spots...some white spotting is normal, but, pitting is not...

glenng

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 18, 2011
Name
Glenn Grant
Boat
Size Matters
Thanks, we were aware of the issue with the Yamaha engines.

In 2006 Yamaha started coating the internal exhaust components with something similar to the teflon coating on cooking pans and this has appeared to resolve the issue. We are servicing the motor this month and will check in out.

thrasher949

Nov 18, 2010
San Clemente, CA
Name
Jeff
Boat
Parker 23
Thanks, we were aware of the issue with the Yamaha engines.

In 2006 Yamaha started coating the internal exhaust components with something similar to the teflon coating on cooking pans and this has appeared to resolve the issue. We are servicing the motor this month and will check in out.
You will find that your 2008 boat more than likely has a 2006-2007 motor since there were not a whole lot of boats made in 2008. My boat was the same year and I had it checked out prior to purchase. You have to drop the bottom end to inspect it (usually costs 250-350 bucks) and make sure its ok. You can have them change the impeller at the same time. Mine looked great. I wouldn't stress about it.