2002 Grady White 265 Express. ($62K obo)

ronipx

Jul 8, 2008
Artesia, CA
Name
Ron
Boat
Grady White 265 Express/Triumph 210 Center Console
For Sale: 2002 Grady White 265 Express

Price: $62K OBO with trailer (2015 Aluminum I-Beam Tandem Trailer)

A rare find on the west coast, the wide body (9’7” beam) Grady 265 boasts twin 225hp Yamaha 4 stroke outboards with 250 gallon fuel capacity and was designed for fishermen wishing to have the option of running far offshore to fish pelagics. The 265 Express was built from 2001-2006 and is built on the patented continuously variable SeaV2 hull. Similar in layout and design to the Grady White Marlin 30 Express, this is the little brother that is towable. If you’ve ever ridden on a Grady White before then you know why they are still building their boats with this same hull design today.

This is one of the few (if not only) SeaV2 Grady White hulls that does not incorporate an outboard bracket or transom seating/baitwell which means the engines are tucked up onto the transom allowing fishermen to fight the fish from inside the cockpit without having to step out on the swim step to go around the outboards. This is a huge benefit for safety reasons and to minimize getting tangled in the prop when fighting big fish. The 265 is also unique because it is one of the few boats under 30ft to have a raised center helm drive station which allows for better 360 degree visibility… something that is usually reserved for larger yachts.

If you’re looking for a true offshore cruiser that has the fuel capacity and reliability to get you to and from any of our Socal banks/islands and is still towable then this is it. Maintenance on the boat was just completed this week and the boat is turn key and fully rigged to fish and catch anything in our local waters.

Was planning on keeping this boat for the long haul which is why I spent all the money outfitting it with all new electronics but I got a second kid on the way and you know how that goes.

Engines:
2002 Twin Yamaha 225 Horsepower 4 strokes (F225TXRA & LF225TXRA): 1500+ hours and still being run regularly.

• All repairs have been done at West Coast Marine in Newport Beach.
  • Engines have been meticulously maintained by owner according to Yamaha’s maintenance schedule and run with Yamaha Ring Free in every tank.
    • Exhaust corrosion update (2016-receipt available)
    • Oil change (July 2020)
    • Water pump impellors replaced (July 2020)
    • Gear case oil change (July 2020)
    • Main engine fuel filter replaced (July 2020)
    • 10u fuel filters replaced every 50 hours (July 2020)
    • Poppet Valves replaced (Feb 2019)
    • All thermostats replaced (July 2020)
    • Spark Plugs replaced (July 2020)
    • Bottom paint (July 2020)
    • Trim tab, skag and engine bracket anodes replaced (July 2020)
    • Engine anodes replaced (Feb 2019)
    • 3 Brand new 24DC batteries w/warranty (July 2020)

Electronics: Top of the line electronics purchased new and professionally installed by Long Beach Marine. Over $14K spent on electronics & installation. Receipts available (May 2017)
  • Dual 12 inch Simrad Displays
    • NSS12 EVO3
    • NSS12 EVO2
  • 4G Radar
  • Thru hull Structure Scan Transducer
  • Thru hull 20 degree tilt SS175HW Chirp Transducer
  • Simrad AP26 Autopilot
  • ICOM IC-M502 VHF Radio

Accessories:
  • 80 Gallon oval Bluewater bait tank (May 2018)
  • Stock 40 gallon aft helm bait tank
  • Aqualarm bait pump alarm with in-dash horn (May 2018) - Never arrive at fishing grounds with rolled bait.
  • Johnson 1250gph bait pump (May 2018, still under Plus Plan warranty)
  • Spare Johnson 1250gph back-up bait pump cartridge wired for immediate use (May 2018, still under Plus Plan warranty)
  • Rule 800gph bait pump (May 2018, still under Plus Plan warranty)
  • Water Witch High Water Alarm installed (May 2018)
  • 2 x Removable stainless steel big game swivel rod holders installed so you can fish “Wicked Tuna” style. Awesome for those big bluefin or swordfish! (Feb 2019)
  • Automatic Rule Bilge Pumps 1500gph and 800gph (Replaced Sept 2019, still under Plus Plan warranty)
  • Shurflo Pro-Blaster washdown pump 5gpm (Oct 2019, still under Plus Plan warranty)
  • Jabsco manual pump toilet (Brand new, unused with warranty)
  • Promariner Triple Bank battery charger (April 2018, still under Plus Plan warranty)
  • Custom removable fiberglassed cutting board installed on rear transom.
  • Attwood 2 mile LED running light and Perko LED anchor light (June 2017)
  • LED deck and cabin lights (June 2017)
  • Bennett hydraulic trim tabs
  • Horizon 500 Windlass with 500 feet-½ anchor rope and 50ft chain
  • Stock Lee Outriggers factory mounted to the side of the hardtop
  • Kitchenette with sink and microwave
  • Whistler 1600W inverter
  • 20 gallon fresh water tank
  • 8 gallon hot water heater
  • 20+ Rod holders
  • Full Eisenglass enclosure in great shape
  • Stand up head with sink/shower

Avg. Fuel Burn:
1.6-1.8 MPG @ 4000 RPM (Depending on conditions.)

I normally cruise at 16-18 GPH fuel consumption running at 30 MPH based on my use when going offshore. (With flat seas and a light load i’ve seen 26 MPH at 12 GPH)

Range: 350+ miles on a full tank.

Give me a ring or shoot me a PM if you would like to see the boat. Currently its on a trailer but I will be putting it in the water next weekend to show a few people if you would like to see it then.

-Ron
(949)466-7877
[email protected]

Grady Side View.png

Grady 265 Top View.jpg

Grady quarter view.JPG

Grady Front Quarter View.JPG

Grady Cockpit III.JPG

Grady Cockpit II.JPG

Grady Cockpit.JPG

Grady Drive Station.JPG

Grady Console.JPG

Grady Fish Hold.JPG

Grady Storage.JPG

Grady Swivel Rod Holder.JPG

Grady Helm Bait Tank.JPG

Grady Cabin View.jpg

Grady Bathroom View.jpg

Grady Horizon Windlass.jpg

Grady On the Water View.jpg

Grady Rear View II.jpg

Grady Rear View.jpg

Grady Outboard Pic.jpg

Grady Outboard pic II.jpg

Grady hull view.jpg

Grady Logo View.jpg

Grady Trailer.JPG

Grady Mini BFT View.jpg

Grady BFT View.jpg

IMG_20170610_183530.jpg

IMG_20170612_131246.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SSUfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Eric
Boat
n/a
Beautiful boat. What does seating look like for people? Is there only the one middle captain's chair?

Upvote 0

Hunter gatherer

Fir Na Tine
Jul 25, 2015
Northern California
Name
Jeff
Boat
Grady White Seafarer 228G
Great boat! It looks like you have taken really good care of it. I have a Grady 228G with the SeaV2 hull and can confirm that it is one of the best rides on the market.

GLWS

Upvote 0

ronipx

Jul 8, 2008
Artesia, CA
Name
Ron
Boat
Grady White 265 Express/Triumph 210 Center Console
Beautiful boat. What does seating look like for people? Is there only the one middle captain's chair?

I have all the seat cushions for the seating area around the helm. They're in great shape as I have never used them. People can sit in that area if were just cruising in the harbor but if I'm running to the fishing grounds I put bean bags on the transom on either side of the bait tank... I hear it's super comfortable but I've never been able to sit there. Lol

Nice boat. What is the LOA? with trailer? Thanks

LOA is 32ft and on the trailer it's 36ft... Give or take a few inches.

Upvote 0

Brian1989

Jun 10, 2017
San Diego
Name
Brian Wanner
Boat
22’ Panga
I have all the seat cushions for the seating area around the helm. They're in great shape as I have never used them. People can sit in that area if were just cruising in the harbor but if I'm running to the fishing grounds I put bean bags on the transom on either side of the bait tank... I hear it's super comfortable but I've never been able to sit there. Lol

LOA is 32ft and on the trailer it's 36ft... Give or take a few inches.
Thanks, appreciate the quick reply. Need to sell my boat first before I make any moves but I'll keep yours in mind. GLWS.

Upvote 0