2001 Yamaha v225 2 stroke flush

scorcobra

Aug 1, 2021
San Francisco
Name
Clifford Hom
Boat
Bayliner Trophy
Hi All, new to boating. Just acquired a boat with a 2001 Yamaha V225 SaltWater Series II. For some reason I can’t seem to locate the flush port. The only thing I find at a glimpse is a hose right below the tilt switch. Could that be it? I think I might have felt it can be detached. If that’s the case, which end do I attach the garden hose to flush the motor? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Mike_I

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 19, 2006
Irvine
Name
Mike_I
Boat
Cabo 216 First Love
If you're using muffs cover the rectangle black thingy. If you're flushing in a tank make sure the water level is where the three bolts are.

IMG_4754.jpg

Upvote 0

dwaynesda

dwayne
Apr 27, 2003
santee
Visit site
Name
dwayne
Boat
Cabo 216
Hi All, new to boating. Just acquired a boat with a 2001 Yamaha V225 SaltWater Series II. For some reason I can’t seem to locate the flush port. The only thing I find at a glimpse is a hose right below the tilt switch. Could that be it? I think I might have felt it can be detached. If that’s the case, which end do I attach the garden hose to flush the motor? Thanks in advance.
That is probably it. Unscrew it from the "holder" and attach a garden hose to it, turn on the hose and let it run for 15 minutes. Do not start the engine.

Reactions: KID CREOLE
Upvote 0