2001 Mercury Optimax 135HP Twin Outboard Engine Motors

ivansfo

Nov 29, 2018
SF Bay Area
Name
Ivan
Boat
BW 23 Conquest
Up for sale is a matched pair of 2001 Mercury Optimax 135 HP Outboard Motors. These were factory rigged by Boston Whaler. I am the original owner of the boat and motors. The sale includes:

- LH and RH rotation Mercury Optimax 135 HP Engines
- Original Mercury Smart Craft Gauge Set (3 gauges)
- Original Mercury Throttle Control
- Original Mercury DFI Oil Tanks (two 3 gallon tanks)
- All original rigging cables
- Mercury 4-Blade Offshore Stainless Steel Propellers (19" Pitch)
- All owners manual and supporting documentation

Condition wise they are in perfect running condition and have been trouble-free for pretty much the entire time I've had them. Currently the motors have about 600 hours on them.

The motors have been carefully maintained by me with Mercury OEM supplies.

- 100% diet of Mercury Optimax DFI oil
- Mercury/Quicksilver High Performance Gear Lube ( every 1-2 years)
- NGK Platinum Plugs (every 2-3 years)
- Mercury Water Pump Impeller (every 2-3 years)
- Mercury Fuel Filter (every 1 year)
- Mercury/Quicksilver Thermostat (every ~5 years)

I'm putting these on the market because I would like to repower with quiet 4-Strokes. I will continue to run them until mid-October of this year. For serious buyers, I can run the motors for you in my driveway or we can water test them at Oyster Pt. or Pillar Pt. marina in the SF Bay area.

Asking price for the whole package is $8500

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_5883.JPG

IMG_5884.JPG

IMG_5981.JPG

IMG_5982.jpg

Upvote 0

peter818

Nov 3, 2014
Name
Peter
Boat
49' Alaskan
I'm surprised you are repowering. Those are solid engines. Light, reliable and efficient. $30K to $40K is a hefty bill for a nominal reduction in noise.

Great opportunity for someone to upgrade their old carbed or EFI 2 strokes.

Upvote 0

ivansfo

Nov 29, 2018
SF Bay Area
Name
Ivan
Boat
BW 23 Conquest
I'm surprised you are repowering. Those are solid engines. Light, reliable and efficient. $30K to $40K is a hefty bill for a nominal reduction in noise.

Great opportunity for someone to upgrade their old carbed or EFI 2 strokes.

You assessments about these motors are spot on. These motors were not my first choice but you want a Whaler, they were the only choice back in 2002. I've run them for 18 years now and they have exceeded my expectations. It's just hard not be be in awe of the new 4-stokes when I see them idling next to me at the launch ramps.

I turn 50 this year and I figure why not treat myself and enjoy quiet boating for the next 10+ years. Some things are hard to put a value on such as fishing with nice rods.

Upvote 0

peter818

Nov 3, 2014
Name
Peter
Boat
49' Alaskan
You assessments about these motors are spot on. These motors were not my first choice but you want a Whaler, they were the only choice back in 2002. I've run them for 18 years now and they have exceeded my expectations. It's just hard not be be in awe of the new 4-stokes when I see them idling next to me at the launch ramps.

I turn 50 this year and I figure why not treat myself and enjoy quiet boating for the next 10+ years. Some things are hard to put a value on such as fishing with nice rods.
Makes sense! Happy 50th and enjoy your new 4 strokes! By the way, I have a 2001 BW Outrage 21 with a 200hp optimax. It’s slightly louder than ideal but I kind of like the sound.

Upvote 0