$200.00 gift card to Bass Pro shops, too far away to drive to, what to order online? Salt Water fishing

Irishman

Irishman
Jul 20, 2004
La Mesa
Name
Alan
Boat
n/a
So my work got me a $200.00 gift card from Bass Pro, living in San Diego not realistic to drive all the way north for nearly two hours to the closest store. Anyone have any thoughts on what to get? the saltwater stuff does not look that great.

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Bass Pro’s saltwater selection kinda sucks. I agree with jiggermyster, flouro, mono, braid. They have an ok selection of lures and jigs though.

Reactions: Dbado1

Dbado1

• Jul 17, 2020
    Arizona
    Name
    Robert D Bado
    Boat
    Toyota tundra
    I'm sitting in the same situation....$200 Cabela's card.
    Can't go wrong with terminal tackle or it gets you most of the way to a Lexa, Komodo...or new deck boots.

Reel 007

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 12, 2006
    Glendora Ca
    Name
    Leon
    Boat
    28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
    There is a decent restaurant in the Bass pro shop in Rancho Cucamonga and a outstanding chocolate store.
    the décor in the restaurant maybe worth the drive if you have not seen it before.
    If you have young kids they may find the bass pond (aquarium) interesting, make a day of it, make it more than a $200.00 shopping trip.

Good luck.

FlatPack

Online Angler
    Sep 22, 2016
    City of Angels
    Name
    Rexor
    Boat
    "CATTLE BOAT"
    Can you use it online? Otherwise there is a greater chance it will cost you more than $200 to visit BP.....its good for the economy though...yes reel would be a good buy as there rod selections are not great but plenty of ugly stick though😉

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner
    My granddaughter gave me a $50 Bass Pro gift certificate for Christmas. I drove all the way out there and couldn't find a decent price on anything I wanted. I ended up buying a single roll of 50lb Seaguar flurocarbon that I could have gotten for a lot less on the internet. If I lived in the San Diego area and had a $200 gift certificate I would sell it on here for $150 and go to Squidco.

Mar 17, 2007
    Redlands, CA
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    water wings
    I received a bunch of gift cards from folks at work when I retired. I waited until their big annual sale. The whole family(wife, kids, significant others, etc) came with me and we managed to easily destroy all of the GC's in a few hours of shopping. We purchased clothes, terminal tackle, gun cleaning kits, ammo, snacks, and everyone left the store with a big smile on their face! We then went to a local restaurant and had a nice meal(plenty of choices in that area). It turned out to be a lot of fun and was a great way to have quality time with the family. BPS advertises their sales online regularly--we did the "Black Friday" sale.

Reactions: jiggermyster

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
    Jun 1, 2006
    Lakeside
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    sold! / cattle boat
    Already said, diawa, shimano, penn, even an accurate, Okuma, Avet, etc...
    $200 is a large chunk toward a reel...

skrilla

allirks
  • May 26, 2006
    San Diego
    Name
    Len
    Boat
    Camo Whammo

Was in AZ recently and they had zero ammo. Even reloading stuff was bare.

I've had good luck with their house brand poppers and hard swimmers for corvina and other bay critters. Just change the hooks out for inline singles.

If that doesn't fancy you then there's always the Bug-A-Salt and the remote control alligator head boat.

ShadowX

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Oct 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Alex
    Boat
    None
    Was in AZ recently and they had zero ammo. Even reloading stuff was bare.

I've had good luck with their house brand poppers and hard swimmers for corvina and other bay critters. Just change the hooks out for inline singles.

If that doesn't fancy you then there's always the Bug-A-Salt and the remote control alligator head boat.

I haven't bought ammo in a while and haven't followed the recent trends. I know they are in high demand now. I stocked enough for ummm... a good long time. It helps to have a Dillon XL650 and a Mr Bulletfeeder. My company used to give out awards. I bought some Cabella gift cards and the rest is history.

Reactions: skrilla