2 x overnight trips vs 1 longer trip?

Pitchinwedge

Aug 7, 2016
So Cal
Name
Sammie
Boat
None
H&M lists some trips as "freelance". Yay or nay?
It looks like all the boats you have picked out are great. Things to consider are the biggest boat with the smallest amount of passengers would be #1 #2 would be the lowest to the water for comfort of the ride and ease of fighting fish. The rest is a crap shoot. In the past few years some boats seem to have an edge PQ, NL etc... Now, you never know who is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat. Just go for a 2.5 and and you can fish at night .To up your chances. Good luck... Make sure to report when you get back.
Poseidon with 22 load is good but the dates don't quite work for me.

So my #1 choice for biggest boat to least passengers is Excalibur 2.5day (27 load on 85x26' boat). BUT, there is the Legend 3 day -Freelance (29 load on 75x 25' boat). Longer trip but more crowded.

DennisV

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
Doing a pair of overnight trips certainly reduces the probability of having to take a crap on a tuna boat toilet. Just sayin' o_O

Pitchinwedge

Aug 7, 2016
So Cal
Name
Sammie
Boat
None
So my #1 choice for biggest boat to least passengers is Excalibur 2.5day (27 load on 85x26' boat). BUT, there is the Legend 3 day -Freelance (29 load on 75x 25' boat). Longer trip but more crowded.
Still torn between these two... will the difference in load be significantly noticeable? Or should I be thinking the extra length of trip will make up for it? :confused: