sempergrunt

Jun 29, 2008
Murrieta
www.ironcladsportfishing.com
Name
Frank
Boat
IRONCLAD
Fished La Jolla thur night, anchored up around 2330. Couldn't make any squid, but had some frozen. At about 0115, my buddy Burke was "feeling tired" so he lays down. I felt my first solid pull, let the free spool go and bam. About 10 min. later, comes up the 1st ghost of the night.

A little time goes by and around 0330 again, sure enough I get a repeat and after a little fight, I pull in the 2nd Ghost of the night. Burke did a great job gaffing and an event better job laying around. Fished till about 10 am and came back with sandies and barries as well. Good day on the water.

Got back to the dock, went to dump station at MB to wash down. All was good til we got half way home and I asked Burke what he did with my fillet knives that I have had for more than 20 freaking years and have fillet fish from West Palm Beach to CA. Oops he said, he left them. Made it back to the wash station to of course, finding no knives!

Attachments

• IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Upvote 0

tsurikichi

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 25, 2005
SoCal
Name
Ron
Boat
10' 2 1/64"
Hi sempergrunt,

Nice fishys. Bummer on the knives. Would never mess up my fishy Karma by stealing .... if that's indeed the case. Would be nice if you got a PM from someone who was holding them for you. Have them marked in any way ?!

Semper Fi,

tsurikichi

Upvote 0

sempergrunt

Jun 29, 2008
Murrieta
Name
Frank
Boat
IRONCLAD
It was about a 14 in Forschner with a wood handle. I don't think I'll be getting a PM from anyone on the knives, some guy in a motor home pulled in behind me and probably through them in his kitchen drawer.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Nice C-bass! Bummer about the knives..... also be careful about using the dump station for a wash down, as it's a big no no and could cost you some coin (heavy fine). Unless something has changed recently, MB has no boat washdown areas.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

sempergrunt

Jun 29, 2008
Murrieta
Name
Frank
Boat
IRONCLAD
Thanks for the info on wash down. I have washed there a few times, never saw anything on a sign there about it not being allowed and even seen SDPD come through a few times, haven't had any problems there. I don't fire the engine up though, just wash the salt off.

See ye out there

Upvote 0