Dennisdill

Oct 23, 2020
Long beach
Name
dennis dilliner
Boat
Kayak
Thank you in advance!
So I have a 1997, 2 stroke, pull start Mercury 8m outboard motor. Is it possible to make this an electric start? My goal would be to set up a key start ignition, then add a throttle and steering column. If it’s possible what do I need to do!

Upvote 0

tuna sniffer

SD '63
Jun 16, 2005
La Mesa
Name
Mark
Boat
1 tin 1 glass
As they say, anything is possible if you throw enough time and money at it. My advice would be to look up your model on boats.net and see if they have the remote option accessories. It won’t be cheap if you’re buying that all new. You can find out the part #’s and look on eBay for old stock or used. You are probably better off selling the motor and getting a remote controlled one.

Reactions: Dennisdill
Upvote 0

Dennisdill

Oct 23, 2020
Long beach
Name
dennis dilliner
Boat
Kayak
As they say, anything is possible if you throw enough time and money at it. My advice would be to look up your model on boats.net and see if they have the remote option accessories. It won’t be cheap if you’re buying that all new. You can find out the part #’s and look on eBay for old stock or used. You are probably better off selling the motor and getting a remote controlled one.

Thank you brother, that’s kind of what it’s looking like for the best option haha..

Upvote 0