FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
It’s been awhile since we limited so we felt pretty good. Was 4 trips ago when it last happened. Did have to fish till 11:20 pm starting at 5.
Last 3 trips were 6, 6 and 8.
Salmon head is all I use. View attachment 1097615

It just occurred to me Billy . . .
I don't recall seeing reports for these 3 trips, unless I missed them?
Please advise, thank you.

Reactions: Billy L
Upvote 0

Billy L

AK halibut charter captain
  • Jul 4, 2009
    San Diego and AK
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    25’, 22’ Whalers
    It just occurred to me Billy . . .
    I don't recall seeing reports for these 3 trips, unless I missed them?
    Please advise, thank you.
    No you didn’t. I don’t post for every trip and not for every time we limit. Usually only when I find lost nets and this time when I felt relieved after not limiting for so many times

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
    Jun 11, 2015
    Dana Point
    Name
    L J
    Boat
    arima - the SLIDER
    It’s lunch time!
    This big boy really fills up that platter.
    3 1/2 pounder from last night

View attachment 1098193

Not sure if it's a requirement to post every trip. I do about one in three, with very little to boast about. Some here miss an important part posting. conditions, water temperatures, current and clarity. Bait situation for fish reports.

Tip: I usually catch my mackerel for bait. None at the usual spots the last two trips. They went out to sea in the 80'-200' column.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    No you didn’t. I don’t post for every trip and not for every time we limit. Usually only when I find lost nets and this time when I felt relieved after not limiting for so many times
    3 is so many times? I don't believe you Billy!
    When you don't post every trip you fell into your own categorization you stated in another post just below.

Sorry to hear. Unusual for someone to post skunk posts as BD is more of a bragging board. It can only getting better next time.
    I disagree Billy!
    Skunked or non-double/triple/quadruple limits is all the same to a bragger. There's plenty of give and take on Bloody Decks, on most of the boards IMO. The same lobster I talk to from Santa Barbara down to Dana Point are same lobsters I talk to in Sandy Eggo (SD) even when I only hoop in SD once each season. These lobster tell me you also don't just use Salmon Heads, but you've been known to stuff fresh sardines in your tubes. It's a shame IMO you don't give back at the same rate you take. How do I know? You can't bullshit a bullshitter! It's the Christmas season, time to give some presents to those in need here. An early Merry Christmas to you and yours. John.

Reactions: plj46
    Upvote 0

Billy L

• Jul 4, 2009
    San Diego and AK
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    25’, 22’ Whalers
    3 is so many times? I don't believe you Billy!
    When you don't post every trip you fell into your own categorization you stated in another post just below.

I disagree Billy!
    Skunked or non-double/triple/quadruple limits is all the same to a bragger. There's plenty of give and take on Bloody Decks, on most of the boards IMO. The same lobster I talk to from Santa Barbara down to Dana Point are same lobsters I talk to in Sandy Eggo (SD) even when I only hoop in SD once each season. These lobster tell me you also don't just use Salmon Heads, but you've been known to stuff fresh sardines in your tubes. It's a shame IMO you don't give back at the same rate you take. How do I know? You can't bullshit a bullshitter! It's the Christmas season, time to give some presents to those in need here. An early Merry Christmas to you and yours. John.
    Wow! Red print! (And most often in bold)
    Are you trying to get attention or make a point.
    Are you angry? Very angry? You NEED to lighten up. We’re all supposed to be BD brothers. If I’m bragging, which I’m not. It’s ok, let it go.
    I buy 75# of fresh salmon heads at a time.
    Naw, you don’t need to apologize.
    By the way, just to comply with your demand, I got 9 last night and we’re at 10 after 3 pulls.

CFAECB46-1FA4-46AE-BEF2-A70F8A669F6A.jpeg

Last edited:
    Reactions: PUDDLER
    Upvote 0

Billy L

• Jul 4, 2009
    San Diego and AK
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    25’, 22’ Whalers
    Oh John, I forgot. Merry Christmas to
    You too! I’m a Christian and I do celebrate the birth of Christ.
    My lobster buddy was wondering what you meant when you said presents for those in need here, did you mean for me to post more often?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Are you angry? Very angry? You NEED to lighten up. We’re all supposed to be BD brothers. If I’m bragging, which I’m not. It’s ok, let it go.
    By the way, just to comply with your demand, I got 9 last night and we’re at 10 after 3 pulls.

View attachment 1100304
    Yes,you're bragging.Now if you told everybody exactly where you fished (which would be foolish IMO ) then it would be more of a report.

Upvote 0

Billy L

• Jul 4, 2009
    San Diego and AK
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    25’, 22’ Whalers
    Yes,you're bragging.Now if you told everybody exactly where you fished (which would be foolish IMO ) then it would be more of a report.
    Yup, I did say bragging time in my last post. It’s Flomar’s fault.LOL
    Tuna fishing, I would share spots and everything else. Lobstering, I cannot recall
    one person who had posted his spot(s). Do you?General area, yes.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Robdog1

Well known member
    Oct 23, 2018
    Newport Beach
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    Luhrs 32 sport, Boston Whaler 170 Montauk

View attachment 1100304
    Jeez 75lbs? How long does that last you? I’m lucky if I can find enough for 6 cages around here!

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Yup, I did say bragging time in my last post. It’s Flomar’s fault.LOL
    Tuna fishing, I would share spots and everything else. Lobstering, I cannot recall
    one person who had posted his spot(s). Do you?General area, yes.
    No i don't report and definitely would never give up a good lobster spot.I've learned to not even tell some of my friends that fish where i was successful.People like to brag and talk too much which has screwed up more than one excellent spot.Tell a friend that tells a friend and next thing you know there are 5 boats or more sitting on a spot that you were always able to fish alone and in peace on.

Upvote 0

Billy L

• Jul 4, 2009
    San Diego and AK
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    25’, 22’ Whalers
    No i don't report and definitely would never give up a good lobster spot.I've learned to not even tell some of my friends that fish where i was successful.People like to brag and talk too much which has screwed up more than one excellent spot.Tell a friend that tells a friend and next thing you know there are 5 boats or more sitting on a spot that you were always able to fish alone and in peace on.
    Agree!

Upvote 0