PENN

Manbat

Aug 19, 2007
chino hills
Name
Jon
Boat
In between
If you want quality book this boat. Everything is top notch. You get what you pay for and the fishing was great! All the negative reports this year about different operations make me want to support Capt. Carey and his boat even more. He runs a great crew, clean boat, amazing food, excellent bait capacity, kickass bunks, everything was just badass. To top it off we decided to get my brother out with us for his first tuna trip. Being the load of only 12 of us we were all willing to help since he is disabled and in a wheelchair. Carey said it was all good and we were rewarded with great YFT fishing with a few BFT mixed in. You've all seen dead fish before but this is the pic of me and my bro that I'll have forever. Fish the success if you want the best!
success trip.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Juny

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 15, 2010
San Diego
Name
Jorge Bee
Boat
15' Gregor
Love that picture!

Upvote 0

bdalyj1

Jan 5, 2012
Monrovia ca
Name
Bart Daly
Boat
none
Been the last 2 years with Cpt. Carey and dont know why I would look elsewhere. Can attest to everything Manbat says about the operation. Outstanding pic of you and your bro in a tug-a-war.

Upvote 0

jbday

barney kook
May 15, 2009
MDR
Name
jday
Boat
"Anotherday" 25 ft sea vee
Congrats to your Bro that is an awesome picture! He runs a first rate operation...fished with him a bunch before my boat came out.

Upvote 0
P

Paddyman1

The best kind of report! Congrats to your bro on his first tuna, and I hope you fed the man a tuna heart to welcome him top the club!

Upvote 0

HTA

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 18, 2005
Anaheim
Name
Dan
Boat
N/A
There is nothing better than sharing a moment like that with your brother. Priceless! I would give anything for just one moment of fishing with my Father or brother again. Cherish it, you my friend are a class act and a hero in my book....good fishing my friend!

Upvote 0

dwaynesda

dwayne
Apr 27, 2003
santee
Visit site
Name
dwayne
Boat
Cabo 216
I have been fishing with Carey since he was the second ticket on the Vagabond. I will agree that he runs an outsanding operation. Limited load of 12, boat hauls ass, RSW , biggest bunks in the fleet and he keeps the bunk room COLD!!

He runs an under the radar operation which consists of fishing in San diego from July through the end of October, moves the boat down to Mag Bay for a few months from the end of October until around Christmas time. He then will move the boat over to Puerto Vallarta for a month or two for the giant tuna, then moves it back up to LA Paz for a few fishing and dive trips trips (He loves to dive!) and maintainence and then starts it all over again.

If you are looking for a fishing adventure on an american sportboat with AC out of Mexico, give the Success a try. You won't be dissappointed!!!!! He is at the Long Beach Fred Hall show every year in the Point Loma Sportfishing booth next to the Vagabond and American Angler booth.

Upvote 0