2 Day Big Bluefin Tuna Charter aboard the THUNDERBIRD departs this Sunday 6-7-20

JeffPriceArt

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 30, 2008
oc
Name
jeff
Boat
none
One spot opened up on our 2 Day Big Bluefin Tuna Charter aboard the 80' THUNDERBIRD out of Newport Beach. Come fish with a great group of people, we all have the same goal to catch our personal best bluefin tuna. If you haven't fished the balloon and flying fish rig this is a good trip to learn on.

Trip # 3 Departing Sunday, June 7 at 9 PM fishing the eighth and ninth returning at 8 PM . Ultra limited load only 16 anglers ! ( Yes that includes me) 795 per Angler

Payment , personal check, cashiers check, Venmo, cash , Pay pal.
On all trips, fish cleaning ,food and crew tip (typically $100 ) is extra.

Hookup562

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
Grady White Gulfstream 232
One spot opened up on our 2 Day Big Bluefin Tuna Charter aboard the 80' THUNDERBIRD out of Newport Beach. Come fish with a great group of people, we all have the same goal to catch our personal best bluefin tuna. If you haven't fished the balloon and flying fish rig this is a good trip to learn on.

Trip # 3 Departing Sunday, June 7 at 9 PM fishing the eighth and ninth returning at 8 PM . Ultra limited load only 16 anglers ! ( Yes that includes me) 795 per Angler

Payment , personal check, cashiers check, Venmo, cash , Pay pal.
On all trips, fish cleaning ,food and crew tip (typically $100 ) is extra.
Me and my friend are on the New Lo Ann 6-7 also. Glad to hear we got another boat to work with. Good luck my friend!!! Lets go and kill some tuna!

Reactions: 92107beach

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
A few sporty’s that shall go unnamed were WACKING yellowfin and big bluefin a few days ago in that zone, saw it with my own eyes. Of course they aren’t going to report it though. If that weather magically turns for the better you’re in for a trip
Can I fish the popper? Or was it straight bait?

Hookup562

Mar 29, 2020
Long Beach
Name
Brandon
Boat
Looks like Thunderbird will be fishing out there by themselves with no other sporties. New Lo Ann cancelled on the 7th. Good luck my friend. Hopefully y’all slay em!!!

Surfersteve79

Aug 13, 2018
San Diego
Name
Steven
Boat
Aztec
Yeah I'd hop on that trip too if it wasn't for the weather forecast being so brutal Sunday & Monday. The ride home Tuesday looks much better, but Captain Jeff won't hesitate not to allow fishing especially at night if he's got 30+ knots of wind and close interval 8-10' seas. The bait will get beaten up as well but if it doesn't blow as hard and things cab settle down quicker than forecast there could be a nice window of opportunity albeit short with the long run home.

I suspect plan B could be fishing SCI so they can duck for cover on the backside of the island IF the Navy has that area open....I'll live vicariously through the online reports on this one!

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 7.52.21 PM.png

JeffPriceArt

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 30, 2008
oc
Name
jeff
Boat
none
Me and my friend are on the New Lo Ann 6-7 also. Glad to hear we got another boat to work with. Good luck my friend!!! Lets go and kill some tuna!
I’m glad that trip is going to make it out I heard it was going to be canceled. Good luck!

JeffPriceArt

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 30, 2008
oc
Name
jeff
Boat
none
Yeah I'd hop on that trip too if it wasn't for the weather forecast being so brutal Sunday & Monday. The ride home Tuesday looks much better, but Captain Jeff won't hesitate not to allow fishing especially at night if he's got 30+ knots of wind and close interval 8-10' seas. The bait will get beaten up as well but if it doesn't blow as hard and things cab settle down quicker than forecast there could be a nice window of opportunity albeit short with the long run home.

I suspect plan B could be fishing SCI so they can duck for cover on the backside of the island IF the Navy has that area open....I'll live vicariously through the online reports on this one!

View attachment 1152189

JeffPriceArt

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 30, 2008
oc
Name
jeff
Boat
none
Well Steve you’re absolutely wrong about all of that and the weather report is 17 kt on Monday perfect for us flying five balloons and 2-6
801AAF60-D510-44F9-A802-ED5C8E2F3DFE.png

kt on Tuesday.

Surfersteve79

Aug 13, 2018
San Diego
Name
Steven
Boat
Aztec
Well Steve you’re absolutely wrong about all of that and the weather report is 17 kt on Monday perfect for us flying five balloons and 2-6View attachment 1152592
kt on Tuesday.
Jeff I hope I am 💯 wrong and Mother Nature can make up her on mind, but what I’m seeing (and I’ve been forecasting marine weather for 26 years) looks like a bit more breeze than that. Best of luck to you and safe travels to you and your crew.