moezmoe

Dead Magic
Aug 23, 2004
San Diego
Name
Moe
Boat
The one im on
Just got the news, check around. Soon to be enforced, here comes the fu%^ing man! Just when the big boys come to town. And you didnt get yours, YET! :) :) :) Good side, we will have monsters for years to come! ? !

Reactions: mrkrabs

BigJoe

No fish in O'side
Dec 6, 2005
Vista
Name
Joe
Boat
26', Striper, Wage Burner
Wrong forum but... This is straight from the "horse's mouth" yesterday

"Hi Joe... the final rule has been cleared by NOAA Fisheries. It is being reviewed by Dept of Commerce lawyers which is final step before going to Office of Federal Register for publication. If the lawyers have edits then I have to fix and resubmit. If they do not, or the edits are minor, then the rule should publish this week sometime. There is a 7-day cooling off period so once published it will be enforceable and effective a week later"

I just checked and it has yet to be published...

makairaa

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
What are the filet rules?
If I remember rightly fillets are toes be 4 pieces like how you normally fillet tuna. The changes are the belly section must be kept intact with the anus. Something about bluefin having an oval anus, yellowfin having a circular one. The second change I believe was you are required to keep the collars with the pectoral fins. 1 fish per bag for ID purposes. Also skin must be left on.

The Chad

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 18, 2012
Murrieta, CA
Name
Chad
Boat
SOLD
So really nothing has changed from this same conversation from weeks or months ago? Things will change but nothing yet.

catalin

Sep 8, 2010
Orange County
Name
Catalin
Boat
19ft Design Concepts, 21ft Boston Whaler Justice
Why most of us will need more than 2 anyway? The best eating is when is fresh , not after several months being frozen.

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Not new news until Mexico changes their limit!

danny931

Dec 30, 2009
Huntington Beach
Name
Danny
Boat
Parker 2320
I'm good with it, most don't need more than 2 fish anyway! Plus it will help ensure we have fish to catch (and bitch about) in the future:)

Reactions: CD21