Offshore 2.5 days on the islander 8/19

ycnibrc

Aug 18, 2010
Irvine CA
Name
Anthony
Boat
Hook Up
Weather is perfect in both days. Saturday we start at the bluefin zone and with the smaller bait we use the 30# outfit with size 2 hook. We probably hook up 60 and only can bring up 15. The bluefin is in the 40# or above range.
Second day we are at the Tanner bank getting those bigger grade yellowtail and some mix small bluefin.
Then we ask the captain send us back to the bluefin zone and this time we use 40# gear.
We limit easy for the 2nd day and the bluefin is in the frenzy mode. We probably have 4 hook up most of the time.
The key to catch is to find a bigger size bait. Your chance to get bitten are much higher.
We have our dinner at 730pm and start heading home. Most of us put away our gear lol big mistake. On the way back cap Petter sonar a nice size bluefin school and he stop the boat for 1 more chance

The magic start here 3 hook up with flat fall but only one make over the rail a Whopper 200# plus
I love the islander since they always taking care of the customer.
40# outfit with size 2 hook is the key to catch the bluefin.

446CFD08-33C6-4C28-B1E0-5E44C9D9016D.jpeg

0BF99304-7EA7-45F6-B065-9740B2EB02F5.jpeg

6349BE7B-ACD8-4216-AD76-4B3993DD6BA5.jpeg

BarryFree
BarryFree
Good Report! The Islander used to be my go to boat, but it dropped out of sight for a while. Will try to get back on it. Love the boat. Believe it was the Red Rooster II before.
Upvote 0

ycnibrc

Aug 18, 2010
Irvine CA
Name
Anthony
Boat
Hook Up
Great report, pics and BLOODY DECKS LOL
We are lucky the Royal Polaris has 2 customer with covid The health department came and quarantine the whole boat no one can leave

85E3E2F8-613C-4559-B0DB-A2FD277AA498.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: dctalk523
Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2011
SoCal
Name
Doug
Boat
Royal Polaris
We are lucky the Royal Polaris has 2 customer with covid The health department came and quarantine the whole boat no one can leave

View attachment 1311956
I would be careful when posting information as sensitive as this. It's always wise to call their office if you have any questions or concerns. I just checked the RP's position and they're heading back out this afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishhead2012
Upvote 0

ycnibrc

Aug 18, 2010
Irvine CA
Name
Anthony
Boat
Hook Up
I would be careful when posting information as sensitive as this. It's always wise to call their office if you have any questions or concerns. I just checked the RP's position and they're heading back out this afternoon.
I just post what happened. I don't make up stuff. If u look at the picture u can see the health department in the blue dress set up the table for testing.

Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2011
SoCal
Name
Doug
Boat
Royal Polaris
I just post what happened. I don't make up stuff. If u look at the picture u can see the health department in the blue dress set up the table for testing.
Understood and I didn't say that you were making stuff up. Thankfully the RP turned around mid morning and headed back out on an 8 day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0