Hector Arevalo

skipper/chartermaster
Jan 18, 2010
Long Beach
Name
Hector Arevalo
Boat
30' Amoto Floriza
The trip will be aboard the Top Gun 80 out of H&M landing San Diego. To fish the 17th & 18th of Jan. 2015
The boat will leave Friday Jan. 16 2015 between 5 and 6:30 pm and return the 19th around 6 am.

This is our annual trip to start the year off.

All FOOD and PERMITS are included. $500.00 PP
Beer, soda, fish cleaning and tips are extra.

Due to a last minute cancellation, I have 2 spots open and I opening it up to the outside, we are a group that has been fishing together as many as 30 years plus and some as little as two years.

Contact Hector Arevalo
562) 233-8931
call or text

Reactions: skipjackrobert
Upvote 0

CAPTRANDEL

May 20, 2004
San Diego, California
www.facebook.com
Name
Chris Randel
Boat
CHIEF
Good luck Hector on you trip are you going to San Martin for first day as last weekend the Vagabond had good numbers of Yellowtail at the six and the breakers with bottom fish and Big Lings as well. the weather forecast is awesome for this weekend, good luck bro and catch a bunch.

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0

CAPTRANDEL

May 20, 2004
San Diego, California
www.facebook.com
Name
Chris Randel
Boat
CHIEF
of your liking but really! Why not just say good choice Hector and have a great trip! catch a ton of fish my friend and leave out the other stuff. Just wondering fell free to repl
Than what a shitty boat? cooooooooooool dude!
:ashamed:

Did I mention any thing about a shitty boat ?? Put down the vodka bud :drunk
Just seemed like you were suggesting that and if I took it the wrong way my bad

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
of your liking but really! Why not just say good choice Hector and have a great trip! catch a ton of fish my friend and leave out the other stuff. Just wondering fell free to repl

Just seemed like you were suggesting that and if I took it the wrong way my bad
people can change boats' but when you change boats you don't get the same Captain' Chris don't worry your the man' and you can't teach stupid' have a great day

Upvote 0

Choonaguy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 17, 2010
Long Beach
Name
Joe Kane
Boat
none
Exactly Chris don't let this p.o.s. get to you we all know people grow an extra sack when they are jealous and can't get out and fish anymore, let alone slay every trip and have 25 plus customers go home happy with smiles from ear to ear. Was lucky enough to ride earlier this year and if I can somehow get my weekend off ill be seeing you soon, ps a mid week trip would get off the dock too haha

Upvote 0

CAPTRANDEL

May 20, 2004
San Diego, California
www.facebook.com
Name
Chris Randel
Boat
CHIEF
Exactly Chris don't let this p.o.s. get to you we all know people grow an extra sack when they are jealous and can't get out and fish anymore, let alone slay every trip and have 25 plus customers go home happy with smiles from ear to ear. Was lucky enough to ride earlier this year and if I can somehow get my weekend off ill be seeing you soon, ps a mid week trip would get off the dock too haha
E-mail me and I will give you a free pass not for defending me but because you get the bigger picture and are a valuable customer, this one is on me!

Upvote 0

CAPTRANDEL

May 20, 2004
San Diego, California
www.facebook.com
Name
Chris Randel
Boat
CHIEF
The trip will be aboard the Top Gun 80 out of H&M landing San Diego. To fish the 17th & 18th of Jan. 2015
The boat will leave Friday Jan. 16 2015 between 5 and 6:30 pm and return the 19th around 6 am.

This is our annual trip to start the year off.

All FOOD and PERMITS are included. $500.00 PP
Beer, soda, fish cleaning and tips are extra.

Due to a last minute cancellation, I have 2 spots open and I opening it up to the outside, we are a group that has been fishing together as many as 30 years plus and some as little as two years.

Contact Hector Arevalo
562) 233-8931
call or text
Bring tons of yoyo irons Blue and White, Scrambled Egg and Chrome on 40 to 50 lb rigs with 6 to 1 retrieve and don't set the hook just keep winding on iron fish as the Yellows are from mid water to bottom till late in the day when the come up a bit but target that zone till skipper tells you where there are late in the day. Also 40 to 50 lb out fit with a 10oz sinker on bottom and 4 inch dropper loop with 5/0 hook and live Sardine. Work the water Colom with this set up as you hit the bottom wind up 10 turns wait 20 seconds and come up another 20 turns to find the fish and you will land Lingcod and Reds all day long at Collonett, if you go to San Martin for first day don't have any info other than last week the Vagabond had good Yellowtail fishing with Lings and Reds.

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
If he won't take I will!!

Upvote 0

clintonstick

Mar 18, 2014
Name
mike
Boat
g3
Bring tons of yoyo irons Blue and White, Scrambled Egg and Chrome on 40 to 50 lb rigs with 6 to 1 retrieve and don't set the hook just keep winding on iron fish as the Yellows are from mid water to bottom till late in the day when the come up a bit but target that zone till skipper tells you where there are late in the day. Also 40 to 50 lb out fit with a 10oz sinker on bottom and 4 inch dropper loop with 5/0 hook and live Sardine. Work the water Colom with this set up as you hit the bottom wind up 10 turns wait 20 seconds and come up another 20 turns to find the fish and you will land Lingcod and Reds all day long at Collonett, if you go to San Martin for first day don't have any info other than last week the Vagabond had good Yellowtail fishing with Lings and Reds.
really appreciate the advice, i am a yt novice and yoyo novice really looking forward to trying a new method and your report has me pretty pumped up for a older boy, lol cant wait

Upvote 0

Squibob

ECV
Oct 22, 2014
The grove (Chula Vista)
Name
Squibob 1853
Boat
Parker 2110 "ENAMORADA"

Yea I don't fish :rolleyes:View attachment 565493

This was today !

image.jpg

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
Geez guys, what all the hate?

Upvote 0

Choonaguy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 17, 2010
Long Beach
Name
Joe Kane
Boat
none
image.jpg

Congrats I got this on a half day on a strip of squid and dropper loop today in 85ft of water over a rockpile...See I can say I caught fish today too. Nice report big guy, try posting more before you rag on a guy that does nothing but help others

Upvote 0

Squibob

ECV
Oct 22, 2014
The grove (Chula Vista)
Name
Squibob 1853
Boat
Parker 2110 "ENAMORADA"
When did I rag on any body.. Just said I'm glad hectors on the tg80.. Who knows where Randal came from .. Glad u got a free trip enjoy .. And that was today in lj got three .. And will be back at it tomorrow ..

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
When did I rag on any body.. Just said I'm glad hectors on the tg80.. Who knows where Randal came from .. Glad u got a free trip enjoy .. And that was today in lj got three .. And will be back at it tomorrow ..
Actually you implied one boat was waaaaaaay better than another. That is what started the shit storm...you are 100 percent entitled to your opinion but don't act like what you said would not be found offensive by another captain...and it was...one needs to be cognizant when making those type of statements...that just how I see it..by the way, nice fish!

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
And by the way, lots of boats are better than others. That's why I have 4 boats I fish....they are good and I know what to expect every time...I think maybe what you were thinking just came out in writing...jmo...:)

Reactions: Squibob
Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
And by the way, lots of boats are better than others. That's why I have 4 boats I fish....they are good and I know what to expect every time...I think maybe what you were thinking just came out in writing...jmo...:)
I used to fish with Chris on the Indian ' and no one fish's any harder them him' in my 36 year's fishing on the West Coast'
and he is one of the good old boy's .

Reactions: Choonaguy
Upvote 0

Hector Arevalo

skipper/chartermaster
Jan 18, 2010
Long Beach
Name
Hector Arevalo
Boat
30' Amoto Floriza
Good luck Hector on you trip are you going to San Martin for first day as last weekend the Vagabond had good numbers of Yellowtail at the six and the breakers with bottom fish and Big Lings as well. the weather forecast is awesome for this weekend, good luck bro and catch a bunch.
Yes Capt. and thank you, We will be at San Martin the 1st day than should move on up the hill. thanks to you capt we are looking to fish this trip every 1st of the year.
As we all know capt. Randel, we have had some great trip with you, and up to date no other boat has beat your numbers or our numbers. For the record I have been moving our group around because they have requested these moves, so I try to meet the groups request, so far everyone says that fishing these waters with you capt. have been the best. Like our trip where we put 134 lings on one trip and the size of Lings were off the charts.
Capt. I will continue to fish with you and your crew when I can.

All we ask for is the lord watch over us and we have some good look.
Thanks Capt.

Upvote 0

Hector Arevalo

skipper/chartermaster
Jan 18, 2010
Long Beach
Name
Hector Arevalo
Boat
30' Amoto Floriza
Cool shit hector .. Glad u made the switch to the tg80 .. Wayyyyyyyy better !!
Hey, well some of our group requested that we try another boat and that is what we are doing. We will see how things go and just hope we have some good luck and a safe trip.
All boats have some good and some bad things,
Please just wish us luck.
And good luck to you this year in fishing the waters.
Hector

Reactions: Squibob
Upvote 0

jake3759

Dec 8, 2011
So Cal
Name
Jake
Boat
WP
Hector! Have a great trip man! I wish I could make it but I have school commitments this weekened. I fished with my friend on one of your charters two summers ago and Im hoping that I can fish with you guys sometime soon. I just have been pretty busy lately. Good Luck. Chris, I fished with you once on Hector's charter and it was a great trip. But us on the bluefin and thats all i could ask for. I wanted fish and i came home with some nice tuna. Thanks

Upvote 0