2.5 DAY ON THE INDIAN THIS WEEKEND....HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ME!

mowitlow

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 5, 2010
So Cal
Name
Ron
Boat
21 ft. Mastercraft
going tomorrow night!
im so excited to be going longer than my typical 1.5 dayers.
im not sure what gear to bring tho.
i really only have a 2-30# and a 40# setup.
will i need a trolling rig?
and trolling gear?
any help would be appreciated.
thanks

nate

Oct 9, 2003
San Diego
Name
Nate
Boat
gone
You will be fine with those rigs. Use the boats trolling gear. Just make sure you bring flourocarbon, 20-40 lb. Good luck. Happy Fathers Day :D

mcrae

More wishing than fishing
Sep 30, 2007
Central California
Name
McRae
Boat
none
For your 30lb test outfits bring 25lb test fluoro carbon. The difference between 25lb test and 30lb test is often getting bit or not. Learn how to tie a seagar knot at the tackle store and you will be set for a great trip.

mowitlow

Apr 5, 2010
So Cal
Name
Ron
Boat
21 ft. Mastercraft
thanks guys.
hopefully the 2.5 dayer should put us right in the middle of the bluefin that are headed north.
thats what im hoping anyway.
ive never been on the indian before, but have only heard good things about the boat and crew.
im all fired up about this trip!!

lasparky11

Mar 7, 2008
Ontario, CA USA
Name
Gene
Boat
X-wife she's so fat she floats
30,40,50# Normally the 50# sits in the rack but you never know when the big bluefin is around. Fluoro 25 -55# a few feathers your good to go.

flashback

Jun 20, 2008
Burbank, CA USA
Name
Charlie Williams
Boat
23 ft elimator exp
See you at the boat. I'm going as well. Taking 6 set-ups to always be ready. Bring or get sone 25 lb. flouro if you dont have it and they'll tie it up for you. Indian a great boat we'll have a great time no matter what! Charlie

mowitlow

Apr 5, 2010
So Cal
Name
Ron
Boat
21 ft. Mastercraft
right on boys.....advice taken and i'll see some of you guys at the dock tomorrow.
"its gonna be a blood bath"!
thanks,
Ron

ambush1

Swagger Lures,
Jul 24, 2006
lakewood
Name
brett bumz
Boat
23' Seaswirl Cuddy Cabin BUM N OUT
your good have a great fathers day.

DHSDave

Jan 17, 2007
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Grady-White 208 Adventure
How did you guys do on the Indian trip?

fishbiker

Aug 14, 2007
Lake Stevens Wa.
Name
skip
Boat
The rubber boat
Well off to the blue fin grounds. fathers day fishing. We were 100 miles down and it was down right shitty weather. few spots of blue fin but no biters. the seas were 12-16 ft and just kicking our ass. after getting the hell beat out of us we started heading back to the islands 11 hrs of uphill crap. Captain Chris did a good job keeping us safe and upright. Theres no question he is one of the top skippers in the fleet. The guy has spent his life on the water and always does a good job in bad seas and finding the fish. So we get to the islands and look around and we end up down at the rock pile and we drop the pick and the yellow bite goes wide open, quaility fish 15-25 range+ i was fishing sardines on straight 25 big game mono no leaders or bullshit, just pick your baits. i got my limit and then started hooking and handing to the pople who were not having any luck. This is the best yellows i have fished local in many years. We had a great group of guys and the crew was the best. Captain Chris is one of the top captains in the fleet hands down. He has spent his life on the ocean and not only finds and catched the fish but always keeps you feeling safe and makes the right calls. The food was very very good also. I recomend a trip with Chris on the Indian asap.I have fished with him for 16+ ears and have never came home empty!! Great fathers day and great charter boat!!!!

mowitlow

Apr 5, 2010
So Cal
Name
Ron
Boat
21 ft. Mastercraft
skip explained it nicely and i agree with everything he said.
saturday was brutal!!"deadliest catch" stuff!
without the ice anyway.
a great capt.and a great crew and a bunch of good guys and lots of big yellowtail!!
it was a terrific fathers day!
and the other BD'ers on the trip were excellant fishermen and really helpful.
thanks guys,i learned alot!
and i'd definately reccomend the indian and crew.
they are all a bunch of good guys!capt chis included!

Cast Gold

hss AHHHH...hss AHHHH....
Jul 1, 2005
Tustin
Name
Kris
Boat
Mike's
Had a great time fishing with you guys. Having good people on the boat made up for the heavy weather.

Kris