2/2/11 Still looking

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by dausualinc, Feb 2, 2011.

1. dausualinc

dausualinc Newbie

Name:
    Kekoa
    Boat:
    30' Knife
    Went lookin for the stripeys this morning. Left Keehi @ 5:30 and dropped lines by Barbers Pt. at 6:30. Worked the 500, 1000, 1500 outside the power plant, no luck. Swung past BO on the way home, only small stuff, REALLY small. Ran a bridled live bait for about an hour but didn't have any takers. Started heading home @ 1:00pm (had to work in the evening). A couple of miles from BO the rigger comes down with a nice sized mahi jumping behind the boat. Pulls drag, but some [email protected] forgets to turn on the clicker (it was me). One strike all day and I didn't get to hear that sweet music. Got the fish in the boat and headed home, mercy mahi saves the day. The fish bit a 5" Tsutomu Fish head bullet, blue silver outer, pink white under, running behind a Wiliamson flying fish bird.

Attached Files:

2. Pupule

Pupule Member

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    22 ft Islander
    You may not have found that school of stripers you were looking for, but a nice big bully in the boat is always welcome, eh? Good going!

3. BNaks

BNaks Newbie

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Baby Hawk
    No bolos... Those suckas are out there somewhere. Nice mahi though.

4. patfishhi

patfishhi Registered User

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    Kekoa and crew,
    Good goin' on the mahi; the clicker can be a real/reel issue in certain circustances. We went out and celebrated the Lunar New Year today; the clicker was on and she was a freakin' slob, only to break the trailing hook leader, my guess 6 plus. Certainly the biggest fish we've seen in some time.[​IMG]. Again good goin on the mahi. S buoy was a parking lot today.

Cheers
    Pat

5. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    There have been some decent bulls over here lately. A 59.5 pounder was weighed in Lahaina on Saturday, nice fish. Deliman

6. dausualinc

dausualinc Newbie

Name:
    Kekoa
    Boat:
    30' Knife
    Pat sorry to hear about the big girl that got away. Hope to stumble into one of those real soon.