hooook-up

@fish._.brain
Jul 24, 2008
fountain valley
Name
brian
Boat
19' Starcraft Islander 191 "Boutime"
Got two, at the "secret spot" off Long Beach. Both on tady 4/0 blue-white in about 150-160 ft. First one bit early a.m. while sitting around waiting for things to get started. Second fish was on a bird school, but when I got it to deep color and the damn Sea Donkey took off with it by the tail, it hadn't been molested too much so we decided to try and retrieve it. After 20-25 minutes of trying to keep the bastard from surfacing to get air we tighted up the drag to full on my avet sx raptor with 40# CXX and handed it off to some fresh arms. We got the knothead turned towards the boat and gaffed it right out of his mouth and boated it pretty much intact! Both 22-23#s

View attachment 568776

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upvote 0

alex morataya

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 14, 2007
Burbank
Name
Alex
Boat
none
congrats on the pulling it away from the donkey.
looks like you'll be enjoying some good eats for a while!

Upvote 0

socalwhiteboy

Almost A Member
Apr 29, 2008
Northridge
Name
James
Boat
16' lund
If the "secret spot" was the 150 then we saw your battle. Red lund with a honda. We got outta your way when the furbag went ape shit. Fun time watching you guys fuck with it, determined! Right after you got out of range i just said to my dad we should of taped it for them, this will be on bd later. Congrats on getting it back!

Upvote 0

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
Beat down, BD style! Congrats.

We did the same thing out of SD a few months back. Only got the head and backbone on board.

Upvote 0

fishingsurfing

Tuna Twin
May 30, 2014
San Diego, CA
Name
Andy
Boat
Tiderunner 195 "Tuna Twins"
If the "secret spot" was the 150 then we saw your battle. Red lund with a honda. We got outta your way when the furbag went ape shit. Fun time watching you guys fuck with it, determined! Right after you got out of range i just said to my dad we should of taped it for them, this will be on bd later. Congrats on getting it back!
how far is the 150 from HB/Anaheim Harbor?

Upvote 0

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
Or give him a beer or two... :cheers:

Upvote 0

lj.fish

Fun Shit Maynard!
May 28, 2007
LBC
Name
larry
Boat
Julia Lee
One of the best fights I ever seen, rather entertaining it was. Glad you got the fish. Wish I would have got some pics but it was all I could do to get out of your way!! Good Job.

Reactions: hooook-up
Upvote 0

duckbutter6a

Florida man living in SoCal
Nov 15, 2014
El Cajon
Name
Hank
Boat
Dusky 17
Yup 9 miles. But theres areas with 150 feet of water much closer in once the horse shoe drops off. Your still gonna need a boat though :D

Water temp was 63.5 degrees monday. Amazing.

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0