Rauterki

The worst fisherman on the boat
Oct 8, 2009
San Clemente, CA
www.crossfittothecore.com
Name
Jon
Boat
I'm in the market. Make me an offer I can't refuse.
My cousin Zane was in town from Wyoming and, since we've been talking about getting him on the water for a couple of years, I figured that it wouldn't get any better than this year so....reserved a couple of spots on a 3/4 trip on the Sea Watch out of Seaforth for this past Monday. He was a little worried about sea sickness as he had never been out further than the breakwater, but I guaranteed him the he would be too busy catching tuna to get sick so....off we went. 35 anglers onboard and everybody was super friendly and it couldn't have been a better introduction into fishing for my cousin.

We headed out of MB and went straight west for about 25 miles. Slow day pretty much all day with us trolling every paddy we could find and ONLY picking off a couple of YFT and/or a couple YT on each stop. We didn't have a single jig strike all day and out of all the fish caught only two were taken by lure: I got a small YT on a blue/white Salas 6X and an older gentleman picked off a YFT on a really cool looking little spoon. The 'dines were on the small size so #2 - 1/0 hooks were working on 20-25# fluoro.

Like I said, it was fairly slow all day until.....we ran into the magic school on our way in and then all hell broke loose. Multiple hook-ups for about an hour and a half starting at about 4:00 and the captain was more than happy to stop and play for awhile. I think we ended up with 74 YFT and about 25 YT. The crew was outstanding (Todd and Andrew on deck, I think the cooks name was Jonny) and....damn, I can't believe I can't remember the Captain's name but I think it's Kris....all of them worked their asses off.

Zane ended up with the JP fish and, after buying a round of beers for anybody who wanted one, gave the rest to the crew plus a little more to make up for the difference he spent at the bar. Not a bad day of fishing.....what am I saying??? It was a GREAT day of fishing.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 0

caserock

Student of life ....
Nov 29, 2005
Costa Mesa
Name
Mike
Boat
La Otra
outstanding !!!!

Upvote 0

Paul Ward

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 17, 2007
Costa Mesa
Name
wooddog
Boat
Boaty
Everyone should go to Yellowstone.
the most fun ever had was visiting Yellowstone on a snow mobile. We might have missed some sight but we sure went fast, fast enough to almost go to jail, the ranger sir that pulled us over gave a lecture that I'll never forget.Then he let us slide.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
The smile on the second pic says it all.

Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat
sold! / cattle boat
Capt was most likely Kris Karpow, good dude!!
Looks like you guys managed to save the trip at the end, that doesn't suck...

Upvote 0

Rauterki

The worst fisherman on the boat
Oct 8, 2009
San Clemente, CA
www.crossfittothecore.com
Name
Jon
Boat
I'm in the market. Make me an offer I can't refuse.
Capt was most likely Kris Karpow, good dude!!
Looks like you guys managed to save the trip at the end, that doesn't suck...

Definitely didn't suck. I made some ceviche using your recipe with YFT and....it's still the best I've ever had.

Upvote 0