Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
It would be nice to know how the weather is down there and if the sharks are thick. Intrepid is fishing a full moon, we will be in the dark. Leaving this Sunday.

P.S. nice fish...

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Are you with Jim on the AA again this year?

Min and I will be on the Indy on the same day

Jeff
Gonna be a busy day at Point Loma Sportfishing for sure. Intrepid and Indy on their longer trips, 14 and 16 days, and Vagabond departing on their Fly In/Out trip to Mag Bay.

Our departure on the Angler is scheduled for around 6:00 P.M. Nut, knowing Brian Kiyohara, he'll probably have us casting off lines earlier than that. It's a 10.5 day scheduled to fish 6 full days at the Lower Banks. Hope Jim makes the trip again; he's ironing out some details. Looking forward to a return to the Lower Banks as my first trip there was a tough one, but I got to watch Jim boat his first Cow and I enjoyed every minute of that. This time, maybe I'll get one.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat

Abaco

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 5, 2009
Sacramento
Name
Dave
Boat
The Organ
Looks like they are having a very good trip.

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
Nov. 11 and I will be with Keven and the crew. I have a buddy of mine thats going and has never been on a trip like this. His longest trip was a 5 day. I told him the crew will help him out in any way. Now I have to wait and that is the hardest thing.

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
Nov. 11 and I will be with Keven and the crew. I have a buddy of mine thats going and has never been on a trip like this. His longest trip was a 5 day. I told him the crew will help him out in any way. Now I have to wait and that is the hardest thing.
I hope you mean Nov 12.......

etwizard

Mar 29, 2004
No California
Name
solomon
Boat
Free 4 All
December looms large. All this talk about La Nina, and now a Super Cow. What does it mean?
Lets go fishing and find out!

Sactotuna

Oct 20, 2005
sacramento
Name
jim
Boat
Royal Star
I hate that the intrepid's photos are always super grainy. You'd think they could afford a camera that took better pics.
We spend thousands and thousands of dollars on tackle and then throw $99 cameras in our bags!
When we were exchanging photos after my last trip I was embarrassed when I saw how much better some of the photos were than mine.

I'll start a new thread about this soon, gotta buy a real 'grownup' type camera.

yft1979

Sep 7, 2004
Murrieta
Name
Garrett
Boat
-
I hate that the intrepid's photos are always super grainy. You'd think they could afford a camera that took better pics.
Probably not the camera, I'm sure they are shrinking the photos down since they have to upload them thru the Sat phone. The bigger the picture file, the longer the phone call

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
Fri. October 14, 2011: Back in the game! What a contrast from yesterday to today. We found some big-uns and put together a very good day on these Trophy Tuna from 130-220 lbs. with 38 of them making it on board along with a couple of more handfuls of nice Wahoo. It was a steady pick bite for most of the day with 1-4 hanging at a time until this evening when things heated up and they put on a pretty nice show into the night. We caught fish with the balloon rig, sardines, chunks and the PL 68 counted for a few more at sunset. It was a fun day. Charter Master Wayne Martin hooked into a Cow this afternoon and George Alfaro ended the day with our last fish and another Cow Tuna. Phil Lisi was a hot stick right along with Ken Buzzell today each landing several big Yellowfin. We are catching some flyer's and more bait at the moment and hope to repeat tomorrow..Did we mention the weather??? Wish us luck. "The Intrepid Team"

Attachments

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Got to read between the lines. Started the trip and was able to get some big baits. Couple of Clarion size fish. (at Clarion, salami macks for bait) Motored around and got smaller fish under the birds, trolled for wahoo the rest of the day. (sharks were on them thick and had to leave from the morning bite) Now the bite is back on and tonight we are looking to catch some flyers. (they moved to the Hurricane Bank) Weather is lake calm, caught tuna on a PL-68. (another indication of the Hurricane Bank)