I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
That's a great story!!!! Congrats to your son on his first deer, and to you for getting him out there!!!! :cheers:

Stryker20

Subtle as a Hand Grenade
Oct 3, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Name
Mike
Boat
Still searching
Good to see some fellow .270 shooters around here.

I grew up on Winchester Model 70's myself. First rifle round I ever fired was 138gr .270.

Congrats again for the healthy looking animal your son took. Always will be a special memory for that kid for the rest of his life. Quality fathering on your part too bud.

Time to put the sausage grinder to work!

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
Great adventure for you and the boys.

Playing the waiting game paid off big time. Your son has a great mentor.

Some of your hunting spots look like our inner bank kelp paddies on a summer weekend. It pays to scout your own game just as when fishing it seems.

pjbigdog

Oct 4, 2007
Lakeside
Name
Jeff
Boat
Parker 2320
Great story!! You guys won't ever forget the time you have spent together!!

yft1979

Sep 7, 2004
Murrieta
Name
Garrett
Boat
-
Great pics. Looks like a fun time. Need to try this hunting thing out someday, but usually to busy hunting fish.

Garrison

Garrison
May 21, 2008
Temecula
Name
Garrison
Boat
Whaler 315 Conquest
Congrats to your son, and great work in the Dad department. It's to bad more kids don't get to have this kind of experience, he will keep it with him the rest of his life. Enjoy those back straps!

rojodiablo

Dive club flunkie
Jul 22, 2005
Santa Ana Ca.
Name
Paul Romanowski
Boat
Sold the boat; running the rubber ducky! (Inflatable)
THANK YOU for the story and fabulous pics!!!

bopalmer30

Nov 7, 2006
Silverdale
Name
Bo
Boat
Allied 32 Liberator
Way to go. Great story and great pics. That is what being a father is all about! Isn't it amazing how hunting with your kids or fishing with your kids. It is more fun when they catch a fish or Make a great shot than if you did it yourself. Can't wait until my little guys are ready for their first hunt.

nmbrinkman

Mar 18, 2006
San Diego
Name
Nathan
Boat
12 oz frosty mug
I love America !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And this is the reason I don't love California. Most people here wet themselves a little at the thought of a firearm let alone using it to kill "Bambi". This thread is a very important facet of the America I grew to love. Good on you pop's for keeping the dream alive and giving me some hope. And congrats to your son.

Odin7

Doug Fir
Apr 19, 2008
Beverly Hills
Name
Elizabeth Warning
Boat
Space Shuttle
Excellent!

Was out in Grayback last week for a few days. Saw lots of deer and turkeys, but no shooters.

If you aren't careful, those boys of yours will turn out to become sportsmen. Way to keep the tradition alive.

Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
Awesome hunt. Great pictures, good to see your son's shooting form. Really nice job getting away from the crowd. Like you said, what was rig number 10, 11, 12 thinking?

RO

kwonsoo

Jun 18, 2008
San Jose, CA USA
Name
Jack
Boat
20' SeaCraft Master Angler
Makes my mouth water just looking at the last photo. Nice report.

molokaipake

May 8, 2008
Kaunakakai, Molokai, USA
Name
capt clay
Boat
24 foot power catamaran, "Hallelujah Hou", 18 foot Prima Sea flatsboat, "Keu" for flyfishing
Way to go team. Can't redeem the time if you don't spend it with your son. He's gonna grow up so fast you'll wonder where the time went. It's not what you can buy for him either, it's what you DO with him that counts. Do as much as he'll allow, as time is so very short. Blessings on you and your family. Raise um right, a proud American heritage to teach our kids how having a gun is not a wrong or bad thing, it's the nut behind the gun that makes the difference.