19th Annual "AFTER THANKSGIVING INVITATIONAL HALIBUT CLASSIC" 2018 IS ON!!!

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
Haha....you're killing me with this paypal stuff bro. :D

Of all my many friends, I think you are still the only without a cell phone, and yet you're telling me to get with it and get paypal.... that's fuuuuuuny LOL.

Just busting yer chops brother....you're one of the good guys ;)

But that paypal stuff....yeah, I know a lot of people love it and it helps them, but there are plenty that don't dig it as well. It's been known to have its issues...
https://www.merchantmaverick.com/reviews/paypal-review/#comments

Besides all that, im offering up 3 forms of easy payment, and a month in advance to do so. Checks can be mailed in, and in addition to that, there is the option of Cash or Credit Card payment at Dana Landing Tackle on Mission Bay. All those are pretty simple, and the best part, I don't need to sign up with something which requires my account to be open to something else. ;)

The unknown fisherman:p:

I have a badass cell phone, just no phone number. haven't for almost 3 years now. lovin' life without it..... now what does this have to do with paypal? just get it mikey , and you'll likey.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
I have a badass cell phone, just no phone number. haven't for almost 3 years now. lovin' life without it..... now what does this have to do with paypal? just get it mikey , and you'll likey.

There's a correlation between the two, and you spelled it right out for me.....
Ive been without paypal, and "lovin' life without it" :D

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
We're on the home stretch now, as the tournament is just 7 days away.

At this point, all mailed in entries will NEED to reach me and be in my hands by Monday November 19th.

There is still room for more teams, and any new or past teams may still enter at the standard current entry fee, as the Early Bird discount entry price is well past now.

All teams that wish to still enter have two options right now and here are those options.....

*Option 1 - Head down to Dana Landing and fill out an entry form ( or print up your own entry form and bring it in. You can then either pay right there by cash ( which is what they prefer), or pay with a credit card. MAKE SURE if you do this, you notify me soon after doing so...this is important. Remember when doing this, you are now paying the standard price and NOT the early entry price.

*Option 2 - This will be the day of tournament option. This can be done at the morning check-ins at Dana Landing outside by the tables. This must be done in cash, and will be at the morning of tournament price. The morning check-ins will take place from aprox 3:45am until 5:15am. If you plan on doing this, it would be helpful to give us a heads up, so we know who and what to expect, so please try and let me know if possible.

For entries, rules and other info regarding the tournament, you can find it here....
www.halibutclassic.com

Thanks guys, it almost time....
Food, fishing, friends, fun....can't wait!!

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Heads up to all teams who have sent in their early entries.

Courtesy notifications have been sent out to all teams in which their early entries have been received.

All entries received from this point forward will be at the adjusted entry price, which can be seen on all entry forms, and also shown on the tournament website.

There is plenty of time to get in.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Daily reminder....

Just 5 more days until tournament day.

There is still room for teams and days left to enter. At this point it's too late for Mail in entries. All entries from here on out must be done, paid for and turned in at Dana Landing Tackle on Mission Bay, or they can be done at morning check-ins, and paid in cash.

If any teams are planning on signing up at the morning check-ins (which we always have some), then if possible, please try to let me know, as it helps give us an idea of what to expect at morning check-ins, and possibly speed things up.

Thanks guys....tides, weather.....it's all lining up nicely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
Alpine
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
Sorry I'm gonna miss it - injured my knee; Always a fun time. Good luck on a smooth Tourney Mike.

Reactions: ?? fisherman
Upvote 0

Second Row

You Should Have Been Here Yesterday
Aug 8, 2008
Newport
Name
Scott
Boat
21' Grady White - Rusty Hook
free bump

Reactions: ?? fisherman
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Just days away now.

A reminder here, but all mail in entries are now over. Entries may still be done, but at this stage of the game, they must be paid for and forms turned in at Dana Landing BEFORE NOON on Friday the 23rd.

All Entries after Friday will need to be at the morning check-ins, which also take place near the outside tables at Dana Landing Tackle which is located on Mission Bay, and right next to the launch ramp. Those entries will be at the adjusted late fee, and must be cash only.

** All Entries paid for at Dana Landing Tackle, must notify me by phone or text after doing so.**

Shine up your boats and pull your fenders, and put on your game face, because Frank and his son Nate will be snapping some killer shots from the bridge at the morning round up before roll call and start.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
One more thing I forgot to mention.

I always like to remind all teams....please if possible, try and bring a kill bag, large cooler or something else to conceal your catch and keep it out of sight until we one by one weigh all the caught fish.

Fish sizes and weights are to be kept strictly confidential, as it makes for a way more fun, exciting and suspenseful ending.

All legal Halibut must immediately be called into tournament control with the team name, anglers name and grid area.

A few will be going home with a nice extra chunk of pre Christmas dough......

Who's it gonna be??? :D

Upvote 0

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
If it gets to rough out, you can always go out on a Defiance Guadeloupe 29’ boat.......
Oh wait... never mind

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Ok guys, last chance to sign up at the standard rate today. This MUST be done at Dana Landing Tackle on Mission Bay, and it MUST be done by Noon today, as I will be picking them up then.

I was just down there and the weather and conditions look really killer and nice.

After noon today, the only other way to enter will be by signing up at the morning check ins. If you plan on signing up at morning check ins, please try to notify me and give me a heads up, as this will help me know what to expect in the morning and speed things up.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
:hali_ruahahaha: Haha...Rick tossing out a little friendly smack talk like the old days.

One last reminder to all teams. Please try to bring a large kill bag, big cooler or something else to conceal your catch while waiting for it to be weighed, as like last year, we will line up all the kill bags on the grass by the weigh-in/scale area, and then when we are ready, we will one by one weigh in all the fish.

In Ricks case, he will just need a small lunch bag LOL :D ;)

Upvote 0

MATTANZA

old man of the sea, in training.
Aug 23, 2004
Cali the state of confusion, the state of shock
Name
RICK
Boat
Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
:hali_ruahahaha: Haha...Rick tossing out a little friendly smack talk like the old days.

One last reminder to all teams. Please try to bring a large kill bag, big cooler or something else to conceal your catch while waiting for it to be weighed, as like last year, we will line up all the kill bags on the grass by the weigh-in/scale area, and then when we are ready, we will one by one weigh in all the fish.

In Ricks case, he will just need a small lunch bag LOL :D ;)

lol, i'll use that lunch bag to put all of our winning$ in. just make sure none of the weigh ins are stuffed with ice , like that one in 2007 ,lol!

Upvote 0